Find a student residence hall

Information, addresses and application details on a large selection of student residence halls in Germany

« Results

Wohnheim Wundtstraße 9 Wundtstraße 9 • 01217 Dresden

Accommodation units with two single bedrooms or accommodation units with eight single bedrooms sharing sharing kitchen and bathroom.
Plus unfurnished single room apartments with a kitchenette and bathroom.
- Near to the TU and HTW, conveniently situated.
- Last renovated in 2002.


Studierendenwerk Dresden


213 Places

Rent deposit

300 EUR

Duration of housing

Contracts always run until the end of the regular study period. Foreign programme students receive a lease for at least four months, until the end of the planned study visit.

Internet access


TV connection


Shared facilities

Washing machines and dryers, cycle storage, elevator, party and fitness room in the building, outdoor sports facilities, 31 parking lots

Shopping and infrastructure (supermarket, post office, bank, etc.)

On the ground floor of the Wundstraße1 dorms, you can find the WUeins canteen. There are classic lunch menu options and a la carte evening options, cocktails, and regularly changing options.

Recreation and culture

"die bühne" - the theatre of the TU

Special deals for international students

Students4Students - an initiative for foreign students

Last update: 08-2022

Single bedroom


Size: 15-20 square metres
Fully furnished (bed, wardrobe, shelf, table, chair, desk) or unfurnished.
Two single bedrooms sharing a kitchen and bathroom (shower, toilet, and sink); two single bedrooms sharing a bathroom (shower, toilet, and sink), and a communal kitchen for 8 people.


267 up to 280 EUR / month



Single room apartment


Size: 26-34 square metres
Unfurnished, with a kitchenette and bathroom (shower/ toilet/ wash basin)


311 up to 321 EUR / month



Standard application procedure

Application requirements

Those entitled to apply are all enrolled and future enrolled students of Dresden institutes of higher education associated to the Studentwerk Dresden, who have not yet obtained a degree.

If places are available (mainly in the summer semester) doctoral candidates, postgraduate students as well as interns (student apprentices) from other higher education institutes can apply. These contracts are always short-term tenancy agreements effective until the beginning of following winter semester (30 September) and cannot be extended.

Residence authorisation for university candidates:
approval document ("Zulassungsbescheid"), except for restriction free courses of studies at the TU Dresden: "Certificate of residence authorisation" (printable after your successful online inscription; "last page of the document"). Candidates holding a certificate of residence authorisation can chose an earlier date of move-in than the beginning of the semester.

Residence authorisation for students who are already studying in Dresden:
Certificate of inscription for the semester in which you apply for tenancy or
Certificate of inscription for the current semester and a proof of payment of the fees for the semester in which you apply for tenancy.

Application deadline

None. You can apply as soon as you have received the residence authorisation for the semester in which you apply for tenancy.


The application has to be filled in online.

Additional information

For students from other German institutes of higher education or foreign students needing accommodation in Dresden for a short period only, be it for a placement, part-time course or for other reasons, rooms are available in the International Guest House.


Wohnheim Wundtstraße 9 Wundtstraße 9
01217 Dresden

Tel. +49 351 46 97 616

Operator: Studierendenwerk Dresden Contact via email Visit website

Nearest stop/station (public transportation): Zellescher Weg

Last update: 08-2022

Disclaimer We have taken great care in collecting and evaluating the information provided in the "Student Residence Finder". However, the DAAD and Content5 assume no responsibility for possible inaccuracies. For binding information and application details, please contact the responsible Studentenwerk.