PhDGermany - Datenbank
Promotionsmöglichkeiten in Deutschland
PhD in Diabetes Research • Helmholtz Center Munich • Neuherberg
|Anzahl der offenen Stellen||3|
|Laufzeit||01. Sep. 2021 für 3 Jahre|
|Bewerbungsfrist endet am||23. Okt. 2020|
|Art der Promotion||
|Beschreibung des Promotionsangebots||The International Helmholtz Research School for Diabetes is at the center of cutting-edge scientific research at the Helmholtz Diabetes Center in Munich and its partner institution, the Alberta Diabetes Institute in Canada.
We offer research projects that enable the development of innovative strategies for the identification of molecular mechanisms, generation of prediction tools, and advancement of therapeutic strategies for type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
The diversity of (epi-)genetic and environmental factors underlying diabetes, as well as the secondary complications resulting from this systemic disease, require highly skilled researchers who will translate fundamental research into clinical solutions for patients. We invite young scientists holding a Master’s degree and a strong interest in diabetes, endocrinology, molecular biology, (epi-) genetics, public health studies, life sciences, epidemiology, computational biology, clinical research and related areas to apply to the International Helmholtz Research School for Diabetes.
We are offering up to 3 PhD positions, 3 year employment contracts with the Helmholtz Center Munich and a doctorate from either the Technical University (TUM) or the Ludwig-Maximilians University Munich (LMU) to highly qualified and motivated students of all nationalities. As a graduate student you will receive innovative scientific training and visit the Alberta Diabetes Institute for long-term research stays in Canada. This will provide you with an exclusive international experience and prepare you for becoming the next generation of leaders in fundamental research, translational application and industry in the diabetes field.
Intensive supervision, professional training and career support throughout your time as graduate student will encourage you to develop your career, direct your training and take the required steps to reach your career goals. The program language is English. Start date for the successful candidates will be September 2021.
Applications for the PhD program can be submitted online from September 9th to October 23rd 2020.
For more information on the projects and how to apply online, please visit www.helmholtzresearchschool-diabetes.org
We are looking forward to your application!
For general questions please contact us: diabetes-researchschool(at)helmholtz-muenchen.de
(Please do not use this e-mail address for submitting your application)
What we are looking for:
• Exceptional students holding a Master’s degree and a strong interest in diabetes, endocrinology, molecular biology, (epi-) genetics, public health studies, life sciences, epidemiology, computational biology, clinical research and related areas
• Excellent English language proficiency, both written and spoken
• Experience working in a wet lab environment is desired
• Outstanding motivation to join our international research teams and push the frontiers in diabetes research
• An open-minded, communicative, well-organized personality to work in the highly interactive work environment at the Helmholtz Diabetes Center in Munich
• Excellent scientific training and state-of-the-art technology platforms at the Helmholtz Diabetes Center – one of the world’s leading institutions in diabetes research
• Interdisciplinary projects linking our understanding of mechanisms underlying diabetes to the development of new approaches in prevention, diagnosis and treatment
• International research groups and research stays at the partnering Alberta Diabetes Institute
• Scientific networking at international conferences and within the great community of diabetes researchers
• Translational training - from bench to bedside
• Interactive guidance and a clear mentoring structure
• Individual career development and support
• Professional training in management, leadership and communication
• Employment contracts from the Helmholtz Center Munich and a doctorate from of the Technical University Munich or Ludwig-Maximillian University Munich
.. and last but not least: Munich - a beautiful city to live in!
The third biggest city in Germany offers a vivid culture with a wide range of parks, museums and music. The famous city hall adds to the historic center with its Viktualien-market and beautiful squares. Within the city the river Isar and English Garden offer recreational activities and the Alps are just a stone’s throw away!
Application deadline: 23rd of October 2020
Apply online: www.helmholtzresearchschool-diabetes.org
Please provide a motivation letter: describe (1) your research interest and future plans together with your motivation for these, and (2) your interest in doing a PhD, the research school, and Helmholtz Zentrum München.
Additionally, you will have the chance to provide information about your educational qualifications, your skills and honours, including your study subjects and descriptions of accomplished scientific projects.
As mentioned in our entry requirements, you have to provide letters of recommendation from two referees as well as your academic and English language certificates to upload with your application. Please remember that you need to combine your electronic copies into a PDF document with a maximum size of 3MB.
If you have questions about the online application process, please check the detailed description in our guidelines and FAQ section.
Please do not forget to click the submit button once you have completed the online application form. Your letters of recommendation do not already have to be submitted by your referees in order for you to submit your application.
|Direkter Link zum Angebot||https://www.helmholtzresearchschool-diabetes.org/application/helmholtz-diabetes-center/projects-for-application/index.html|
Rechtlicher Hinweis: Die Informationen auf dieser Webseite werden dem DAAD von Dritten zur Verfügung gestellt. Trotz sorgfältiger Prüfung kann der DAAD für die Richtigkeit und Vollständigkeit keine Gewähr leisten.