Doctoral Positions in Germany
PhD positions in Ageing Research • Universität zu Köln • Köln
|Time Span||01 Jul 2022 for 3 years|
|Application Deadline||15 Nov 2021|
|Type of Position||
|Field of Research||
|Description||The Cologne Graduate School of Ageing Research (CGA) in Germany is a joint venture of the University of Cologne Excellence Cluster on Stress Responses in Aging- Associated Diseases (CECAD), the University Hospital Cologne, the Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing and the Max Planck Institute for Metabolism Research. Cologne has emerged as a leading global research cluster with a stellar constellation of institutes and scientists dedicated to ageing research in Life Sciences. We offer up to 12 fully funded PhD positions to highly motivated and talented students. The structured Ph.D. training programme within a cutting-edge research environment will start on an individual basis between July 1 and October 1, 2022. The initial contract is limited to three years. Payment is based on the German TV-L E13 scale, 65% if terms and conditions under collective bargaining law are fulfilled or on an equivalently remunerated Ph.D. support contract of the Max Planck Society.
• An outstanding international research environment at the most prestigious ageing research cluster in Europe
• Excellent infrastructure for training and research by internationally recognized scientists in facilities with state-of-the-art technologies
• Ph.D. projects that can be carried out in up to 40 participating research groups of the above-mentioned institutes
• An interdisciplinary and structured Ph.D. programme in the vibrant city of Cologne, Germany, completely conducted in English
• An individual 3-year career mentoring programme, extensive methods courses and soft skill workshops
• Intensive support and guidance for international students in all administrative matters
We are looking for
• Highly qualified and motivated students holding a M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Cell/Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Biophysics, Bioinformatics, Translational Medicine or a related field
• A new generation of biomedical scientists who are eager to make fundamental scientific discoveries in the basic biology of ageing and may translate them into improvements in health and life for people as they grow older
Our international and interdisciplinary faculty offers positions in the areas of cell or molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, bioinformatics, bioengineering, pharmacology, neuroscience medical biology, translated medicine or related fields. We invite applicants with a Master's or equivalent degree of the above mentioned or related fields. Applicants with a degree in medicine are equally welcome to apply provided they have sufficient relevant research experience. Furthermore, candidates require excellent written and spoken English skills (C1 level).
1. online submission:
Only complete applications submitted via our online application portal will be accepted and further processed. It is possible to access your individual application form in order to add or change data, until you have submitted your data in the last step of the application. Please note that it is not possible to change your data after submission. Make sure your email address and the contact details of your referees are correct.
2. host laboratories:
Carefully check the available host laboratories. In the application form, tick 3 laboratories, which you consider for 3-hour visits in case you should be invited to the on-site recruitment week in Cologne, Germany. Please note that these laboratories cannot be changed once submitted. During the recruitment process, it will be possible to choose up to 2 further laboratories for visits.
Start compiling your documents (CV, transcripts, certificates etc.) and approach possible referees early. Allow your 2 referees sufficient time to compose their letters of recommendations.
After you have specified referees in the respective section, your referees will automatically receive an email linking them to the recommendation form. You can see the submission status of the recommendation letters in your application profile. It is your responsibility to contact your referees and make sure that they submit the form until the indicated deadline at the latest. Reference letters received after this date will not be taken into consideration. It is not possible that applicants submit the letters of recommendation on behalf of the referees.
The application call for classes starting between July and October 2022 is available between September 1, 2021 and November 15, 2021. The online application platform for PhD positions is now opened.
For further detailed information, please check the FAQ section of our webpage: https://www.ageing-grad-school.de/phd/faq/
|Language of Dissertation||
Rechtlicher Hinweis: Die Informationen auf dieser Webseite werden dem DAAD von Dritten zur Verfügung gestellt. Trotz sorgfältiger Prüfung kann der DAAD für die Richtigkeit und Vollständigkeit keine Gewähr leisten.