Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for foreign students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Fulbright Commission: Fulbright Programme
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
The Fulbright programme is aimed at financing academic stays by US citizens in Germany. It offers a range of different funding opportunities for students and graduates from universities of applied sciences and other higher-education institutions, for teaching assistants, post-doctoral students, lecturers and researchers from US higher-education institutions. Funding modalities and grant amount depend on the individual sponsorship programme.
Fulbright grants are generally open to students, graduates, lecturers, researchers and teaching assistants or teacher-training students of almost any academic discipline. An overview detailing the single programmes can be found here
Number of Scholarships
The number of applications usually exceeds the number of available Fulbright sponsorships several times. If you submit a complete and well-argued application, however, there is a good chance for you to be selected.
depending on the type of stipend (please see formal requirements)
- Students and graduates wishing to deepen their subject-related knowledge during a term at a host institution of higher education in Germany may apply for a full-time or part-time sponsorship or a travel grant.
- Lecturers and researchers planning a teaching or research stay in Germany may apply for a travel grant.
- Grants for teacher assistants or teacher-training students who work as English language teaching assistants at a German school also cover the costs for the journey from and to Germany and a small part of the living cost.
Please see all application forms and further information on the application procedure here
Application deadlines differ depending on the selected grant programme (see formal requirements).
- academic or professional qualification
- good knowledge of German
- interest in and commitment to the US-German cultural exchange
Please select your status and your country of origin to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country of origin is not in the list? If your status and/or country of origin is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country of origin in the results list (left-hand column).