Evangelisches Studienwerk: Scholarship for Students
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
The ESV scholarships are open to protestant students from all disciplines and subjects wishing to study full-time at a state or state-recognised higher education institution. You are welcome to apply if you are not a member of a Protestant church. In this case, your application and specifically your letter of motivation will be evaluated by a committee, which decides whether you will be admitted to the first round of interviews. Applicants older than 35 years are required to include a special request into their application.
The programme includes close and individual mentoring, a vast range of seminars and the opportunity for student participation at all levels. It is worth up to 812 EUR every month plus 300 EUR to cover study costs and offers further financial support, i.e. when students go abroad to study.
Students from all disciplines and subjects, who wish to start a degree course or are already studying at a higher education institution. Students with a non-academic family background and from universities of applied sciences are welcome to apply.
- German students who study or plan to study at higher education institutions in the EU or Switzerland
- Students with citizenship of an EU member state, Switzerland or eligibility for funding according to §8 BAföG are only eligible if they study or plan to study in Germany.
- It is not possible to apply solely for a Master's degree programme. Master's degree programmes can only be funded if the students have already been funded by the Evangelisches Studienwerk in their undergraduate degree programme.
typically throughout the entire course of study
- base amount of up to 812 EUR per month
- supplementary study cost allowance of 300 EUR
- additional financial support, i.e. when studying abroad
All application forms and further information on the application procedure are available here.
1 October to 15 January (midnight) for a scholarship for the following winter semester
1 April to 15 July (midnight) for a scholarship for the following summer semester
- citizenship of an EU member state, of Switzerland or eligibility for funding according to BAföG § 8
- Applicants must be of protestant faith (exceptions in justified cases only).
- evidence of social involvement and suitability for the chosen subject
- higher education entrance qualification (i.e. general or subject-specific)
- The selected course of study must be a full-time degree course; part-time, distance-learning, training-integrated study courses or dual courses are not eligible for funding.
- application only until the end of the 3rd subject-related semester
- No academic degree has been obtained yet.
Please select your status and your country to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country is not in the list? If your status and/or country is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country in the results list (left-hand column).