German Federal Environmental Foundation (DBU): Fellowship Programme with CEE Countries
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
The fellowship programme addresses highly qualified graduates from all fields of study from selected countries and regions in Central and Eastern Europe. It is meant to help upgrade their professional skills and enable them to successfully complete the tasks in the fields of environmental protection and nature conservation awaiting them in their home countries. Every year up to 56 fellowships, each worth 1,350 EUR per month, are awarded to candidates from the participating countries. Graduates are given the opportunity to spend a stay of 6 to 12 months at higher education institutions, research institutes, environmental and nature-conservation authorities, companies, NGOs etc. in Germany. Beyond the aspect of further education, the fellowship programme is committed to removing barriers and establishing new contacts to form a Europe-wide network of experts who exchange information and experiences.
Graduates of any discipline from specific countries in Central and Eastern Europe who make a relevant contribution in the fields of environmental protection and nature conservation in their home countries or EU member states. The eligible countries and regions in Central and Eastern Europe are: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Croatia, Estonia, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine.
- Above-average university degree (Master or equivalent) obtained within the last 5 years.
- All disciplines are eligible.
- Doctoral candidates can apply if the doctoral project is not completed until after the end of the fellowship.
Number of Scholarships
up to 56 fellowships per year
6 to 12 months
The fellowship amounts to 1,350 EUR per month. Each fellow is also covered by a health-, accident- and liability insurance. An intensive German language course of several weeks in Osnabrück (Germany) before commencement of the fellowship is also supported and if necessary, a host institution is organised.
All relevant application forms and information on the application procedure are available here.
Applications due by 5 September and 5 March every year
- graduates from specific countries
- citizenship of one of the participating countries
- permanent residence in one of the eligible countries
- good to very good academic qualification (Master's degree, Magister, Diplom; a Bachelor's degree is not sufficient)
- graduation within the past 5 years
- environmental subject of current interest to the home country, the EU or globally
- knowledge of German, verifiable at the latest at the beginning of the programme
- A host institution is not a requirement for funding.
Please select your status and your country to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country is not in the list? If your status and/or country is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country in the results list (left-hand column).