Country-related cooperation programme with Argentina (ALEARG) • DAAD
Doctoral candidates/PhD students
|Country of Origin:||
The scholarship for this programme is restricted to certain countries of origin. You can find an explanation for this on the details page of the scholarship programme under the application requirements.
Applicable to the following disciplines:
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
Please note: Due to the ongoing corona situation the ALEARG programme will not be offered in the academic year 2020-2021.
Students, graduates, doctoral candidates and postdocs receive a scholarship to complete a study or research stay or a Master's, postgraduate or doctoral degree in Germany.
Who can apply?
Students, graduates, doctoral candidates, postdocs or teachers at universities in Argentina or researchers at publicly funded institutions of Argentine nationality usually up to the age of
- 26 in the case of students of engineering
- 36 in all other cases
What is supported?
- Advanced students of engineering who are in their last year of studies complete a study year with a practical relevance in Germany
- Graduates complete a Master's or postgraduate course of study
- Doctoral candidates take part in a study visit to Germany as part of their doctoral studies
- Postdocs complete a research visit
Duration of funding
- Students of engineering complete a one-year, non-extendable study visit consisting of one semester of studies at a university plus a 4 to 6-month internship with a German company. Alternatively, students can complete a second semester at university with an application-oriented research project.
- Graduates may apply for a Master's or postgraduate course at a German university of up to two years
- Doctoral candidates at a university in Argentina complete
a) a doctoral stay of up to two years, or
b) receive a short-term 2 to 6-month doctoral scholarship for Germany
- Postdocs who finished their doctoral studies no longer than 3 years previously complete a
a) 1 to 2-year or
b) 2 to 6-month research visit to Germany
Co-funded by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology of Argentina and the DAAD
- Preparatory German course in Argentina for scholarship holders from the humanities, economics and law as well as related subjects (DAAD)
- Intensive German language course (including accommodation and pocket money) for up to 6 months. Exception for scholarship holders according to Model 2a), who do not take a language course and Model 1), who take a 2-month language course (DAAD)
- Travel allowance for outward and return journey (DAAD)
- Basic monthly payments
of 500 euros for scholarship holders according to Model 1)
of 650 euros for scholarship holders according to Model 2)
of 700 euros for scholarship holders according to Models 3) and 4), after the language course (MinEd)
- Monthly top-up payments
of 361 euros for scholarship holders according to Model 1)
of 200 euros for scholarship holders according to Model 2)
of 500 euros for scholarship holders according to Model 3) (DAAD)
- Medical, accident and personal liability insurance (DAAD) and, if applicable, accompanying spouse and children (DAAD)
- Initial study and research allowance for scholarship holders according to model 1), 2), 3a), 4a) (DAAD)
- If applicable, allowance for spouse and children according to the DAAD guidelines for scholarship holders according to Model 2), 3a), 4a) (DAAD)
- Rent subsidy according to the DAAD guidelines for scholarship holders according to Model 2), 3a), 4a) (DAAD)
The most important selection criteria are:
- Above-average academic achievements
- Quality of doctoral or research project
More detailed information
More information about model 1 (KOSPIE scholarships) can be found here:
Ministerio de Educación
Presidencia de la Nación
Buenos Aires / Argentina
DAAD-Informationszentrum Buenos Aires
Applications can only be submitted via the online portal of the Argentinian Ministry of Education.
Please follow this link: https://campusglobal.educacion.gob.ar/
Please select your status and your country of origin to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country of origin is not in the list? If your status and/or country of origin is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country of origin in the results list (left-hand column).