Welcome to our scholarship database!
Here you will find information about our DAAD scholarship programmes for international students and researchers as well as offers from other selected funding organisations.
DAAD-ACEH Scholarship of Excellence • DAAD
Doctoral candidates/PhD students
|Country of Origin:||
The scholarship for this programme is restricted to certain countries of origin. You can find an explanation for this on the details page of the scholarship programme under the application requirements.
Applicable to the following disciplines:
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
The aim of the programme is to support young scientists and academics in Aceh in the aftermath of the 2004 tsunami and help promote capacity development. The scholarships offer young scientists and academics the opportunity to carry out a research or continuing education project at a state or state-recognised German university or a non-university research institution in Germany.
Who can apply?
The programme is aimed at outstandingly qualified young scientists and academics from the province of Aceh, Indonesia.
What can be funded?
Master's or doctoral degree programmes at select universities or universities of applied sciences in Germany
Duration of the funding
- Master's degree: maximum of 2 years
- Doctoral degree: 3.5 years, in exceptional cases 4 years
- Language preparation (German)
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,000 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Lump sum travel allowance for the outward and return journey of 600 euros per journey
- Book allowance per scholarship year (Master 300 euros; PhD 400 euros)
- One-off study and research allowance of 1,500 euros
- Single initial allowance (Master 375 euros, PhD 500 euros)
- Tuition fee per semester (if charged by university – max. of up to 1,500 euros)
A bi-national selection committee made up of specialist scientists reviews applications.
The most important selection criteria are:
- A convincing and well-planned research project which has been coordinated with the academic host institute in Germany
- Academic achievements
DAAD Jakarta Branch Office
Agency for Human Resource Development
of Aceh Province (BPSDM Aceh)
Jl. T. Panglima
Nyak Makam No. 8
Contact and Consulting
Information and advisory centres
DAAD Jakarta Branch Office
Please select your status and your country of origin to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country of origin is not in the list? If your status and/or country of origin is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country of origin in the results list (left-hand column).