Ghanaian-German Postgraduate Training Programme • DAAD
Doctoral candidates/PhD students
|Country of Origin:||
The scholarship for this programme is restricted to certain countries of origin. You can find an explanation for this on the details page of the scholarship programme under the application requirements.
Applicable to the following disciplines:
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
The general aim of the programme is to obtain a PhD degree in Germany.
Who can apply?
Highly qualified Ghanaian doctoral candidates who are member of staff at a Ghanaian institution of higher learning
What can be funded?
Duration of the funding
max. 45 months
- preparatory German language course of 6 months
- monthly scholarship instalment
- adequate travel lump sum
- annual study and research allowance
- full health, personal liability and accident insurance cover
- further individual allowances on application
- bi-nation selection panel
- personal interviews in Accra, Ghana
- selection criteria are, amongst others, a strong and well-planned research proposal, coordinated with the German inviting professor, and previous academic performance
The binding call for applications is published through the Ghanaian Scholarships Secretariat:
Please select your status and your country of origin to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country of origin is not in the list? If your status and/or country of origin is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country of origin in the results list (left-hand column).