Nigerian-German Postgraduate Training Programme PhD • DAAD
Doctoral candidates/PhD students
|Country of Origin:||
The scholarship for this programme is restricted to certain countries of origin. You can find an explanation for this on the details page of the scholarship programme under the application requirements.
Applicable to the following disciplines:
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
The general aim of the programme is to train young academics and scientists through funding PhD degree studies in Germany.
Who can apply?
Excellently qualified candidates related to the oil and gas industry
What can be funded?
PhD degree (individual project or structured programme), in a field related to the oil and gas industry
Duration of the funding
Generally, up to three years
- Up to 6 months preparatory German language course (fulltime) including accommodation and pocket money or online language course from home including a lump-sum
- monthly scholarship instalment of 1.200,00 €
- Reimbursement of travel costs through an adequate travel lump sum that is disbursed after arrival in Germany, during the funding period respectively
- Annual study and research allowance of 460,00 €
- accident, health and personal liability insurance cover
- further individual allowances upon application
Candidates will be pre-selected by the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) and nominated for the next step. Successful candidates apply through the DAAD Portal and will be selected for a scholarship by a selection committee consisting of independent scientists.
The binding call for applications will be published by the PTDF (please refer to the tab “Contact and Consulting”).
Contact and Consulting
Information and advisory centres
Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF)
2 Memorial Close, Central Business District, Abuja
Please select your status and your country of origin to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country of origin is not in the list? If your status and/or country of origin is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country of origin in the results list (left-hand column).