In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme SLGA • DAAD
Doctoral candidates/PhD students
|Country of Origin:||
The scholarship for this programme is restricted to certain countries of origin. You can find an explanation for this on the details page of the scholarship programme under the application requirements.
Applicable to the following disciplines:
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
As part of the “In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme” DAAD in close collaboration with the GIZ assisted programme “Strengthening Advisory Capacities for Land Governance in Africa (SLGA)” is able to offer scholarships for postgraduate studies within the Network of Excellence for Land Governance in Africa (NELGA)". The programme is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) within the framework of the special initiative “One World – No Hunger”.
For further information on the NELGA please refer to: www.nelga.org/
Who can apply?
- must be pre-selected by the respective target university;
- must have completed their last degree not more than six years ago at the time of application;
- hold a SAQA Certificate of Evaluation or be in the process of obtaining one if they hold a non-South African university degree (only for PLAAS/South-Africa);
- must be nationals of a Sub-Saharan African country.
What can be funded?
Master and PhD studies at the following universities:
- KNUST, Department of Land Economy: MSc Land Governance and Policy
- KNUST, Department of Geomatic Engineering: MSc/MPhil/PhD Geomatic Engineering
- Ardhi University, Department of Urban and Regional Planning: MSc/PhD Real Estate, Urban Planning, Geomatics
Duration of the funding
The scholarship will initially be awarded for one year only and can be extended annually (or shorter) upon individual request and receipt of a complete application for renewal by the scholarship holders via the DAAD-portal, four months before the scholarship ends latest. The general funding period is up to two years for Master’s and up to three years for the PhD degree programmes.
- Monthly allowance
- Study and research allowance
- Printing allowance
- Tuition fees
- Travel allowance
- Health insurance
The selection process differs between the individual degree programmes. Please see the call for applications for further information.
Usually, the application procedure follows a two-step process. First, applicants submit their scholarship application to the host institution. After a pre-selection has been conducted, shortlisted applicants will be asked to submit their application again via the DAAD portal for the final selection.
For more details and application requirements please refer to your target university:
Contact and Consulting
Information and advisory centres
Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst e.V. (DAAD)
German Academic Exchange Service
Section ST 32 – Scholarship Programmes Africa
53175 Bonn / Germany
Tel.: +49 228 882-8876