Please note that the scholarship database is currently being updated.
Welcome to our scholarship database!
Here you will find information about our DAAD scholarship programmes for international students and researchers as well as offers from other selected funding organisations.
DAAD-K.C.Wong Postdoc Fellowships • DAAD
The scholarship for this programme is restricted to certain countries of origin. You can find an explanation for this on the details page of the scholarship programme under the application requirements.
Applicable to the following disciplines:
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
This scholarship programme allows scientists to carry out research with German colleagues at universities, universities of applied sciences and non-university research institutes in Germany.
Who can apply?
Highly qualified Chinese scientists and researchers in the fields of natural sciences, mathematics, engineering, agriculture and medicine.
What can be funded?
Research visits for postdoc Chinese scientists and researchers.
Duration of the funding
- Monthly scholarship rate of 2.100 EUR
- Combined health-, accident and liability insurance
Applications are reviewed and selected by a DAAD selection committee. The approval of the K.C. Wong Education Foundation is then required.
The DAAD will not consider incomplete applications.
What requirements must be met?
Applicants must be citizens of the People's Republic of China based in Mainland China and hold a teaching or research position at the time of their application; they are required to have obtained a PhD or an appropriate academic qualification. Applicants must hold one of the following titles: Professor, Associate Professor, Research Fellow, Associate Research Fellow or Senior Engineer.
Language requirements depend on the conditions of the individual project; usually a good knowledge of either German or English both written and spoken is required, and a basic knowledge of the other language.
30th April for visits beginning between October and March of the following year
15th November for visits beginning between April and September of the following year
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form
- List of publications
- Extensive and detailed description of the research proposal
- Schedule of planned research work
- Letter confirming supervision by an academic advisor in Germany, which refers to the applicant's proposal and confirms that the host institute will provide a workplace.
- Doctorate certificate
- Proof of language skills (if available); in the field of medicine, a proof of German language skills is preferred
The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD Portal.
Please note that the access to the application portal only appears while the current application period is running. After the application deadline has expired, the portal for this programme is not available until the next application period.
The access to the DAAD portal generally opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline at the latest.
Applications are to be handed in online via the DAAD application portal.
Contact and Consulting
Information and advisory centres
Beijing Branch Office
German Academic Exchange Service
DRC Building D1, 1102A
19 Dongfang Donglu,
Ms. YANG Qi
Tel.: +86 (10) 65906656
Submitting an application
General information on the application via DAAD portal
Access to the DAAD portal is usually opened at least 6 weeks before the application deadline.
You can access the DAAD portal by clicking "Application portal" at the end of the page. Here you will find an online application form in which you can enter your application data.
This is what you have to do:
1. Register in the DAAD portal (Read notes about registering in the portal >>)
2. Applying online in the DAAD portal (Read notes on applying in the portal >>)
- Download and complete the online application form
- Prepare application documents
- If necessary, translate documents (unless they are already in German or English).
- Scan paper documents and save in PDF format. Please note that you can only upload PDF files to the portal.
- Upload the completed application form and the required appendices (except work samples) to the portal in PDF format. Translations, if applicable, should be uploaded together with the document issued in the original language.
- Submit the uploaded application documents online.
If you have any technical questions or problems your local information and advice centres could not help you with, please do not hesitate to contact our technical Portal hotline: +49 (0228) 882-8888 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, open every weekday from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm (CET/CEST).
Please consider this when you are planning your application.