European Union: Erasmus+ Mobility Programme for Higher Education Students
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
The programme is intended for students who
- are regularly enrolled at a German higher education institution,
- have completed their first year of study,
- are enrolled at a higher education institution participating in the Erasmus+ project
- AND whose home institution has signed an Erasmus cooperation agreement with the receiving institution.
Erasmus+ mobility of individuals is open to all students at higher education institutions participating in the Erasmus+ programme who are in at least their second year of study.
Number of Scholarships
In 2022, approximately 55,000 participants were funded within the Erasmus+ framework.
The duration of the Erasmus+ study and traineeship periods may vary from 2 to 12 months. The maximum, however, is of 36 months for studies or traineeships:
- For Bachelor's, Master's or doctoral students of up to 12 months
- For students in comprehensive degree courses, such as medicine, programmes ending with a state examination or traditional diploma courses the grant will be awarded for a period of up to 24 months and an additional 12 months for students pursuing a doctoral degree.
- The scholarship can be split up within one study cycle, for example into 2 6-month stays.
- Moreover, in certain circumstances, shorter stays in the form of a "blended mobility" (combination of virtual and physical stays abroad) can be funded. The duration of the physical stay abroad has a minimum of 5 days and a maximum of 30 days.
The grant value varies depending on destination and higher education institution. Sponsored students are exempt from tuition, registration, examination, laboratory and library fees at the host institution.
In order to take part in the Erasmus+ individual mobility programme please contact the Erasmus+ coordinators at the International Office of your home institution.
For further information on essential requirements and the application process, visit the Erasmus+ website.
Please contact the International Office of your home institution for further information on the application deadlines.
- Students are either nationals of a country participating in the Erasmus+ programme, or nationals of other countries enrolled in a regular degree course at an institution of higher education in a participating country; the regulations stipulated by the respective participating countries with consideration of the type and structure of the particular programme are applicable; please also refer to the website of the respective Erasmus+ National Agency
- Students are at least in the second year of their degree course before applying for a study visit. They may apply, however, for an internship in their first year of study
- As a rule, the sending and receiving institutions must possess a valid Erasmus Charta for Higher Education.