DAAD/UCA-Programme • DAAD
Doctoral candidates/PhD students
|Country of Origin:||
The scholarship for this programme is restricted to certain countries of origin. You can find an explanation for this on the details page of the scholarship programme under the application requirements.
Applicable to the following disciplines:
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
The primary aim of this grant programme is to support doctoral studies in the fields of engineering, informatics, economics, business administration, communication studies/media science and earth and environmental sciences.
Who can apply?
Very well qualified young academics and scientists who have completed a Master’s degree or diploma by the time they begin their grant-supported research.
What can be funded?
Doctoral programmes at a state or state-recognised institution of higher education in Germany:
a) as an individual project under the supervision of an university professor/teacher
b) as participant in a structured doctoral study programme.
Duration of the funding
- a maximum of four years
- Grants are initially awarded for a maximum of one year. Extensions depend on whether the selection committee considers the previous award period to have been successfully completed.
- monthly payments of 1,200 Euro
- payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- travel allowances
- on a yearly basis: research allowance
Under certain circumstances, grant holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- monthly rent subsidy
- monthly allowance for accompanying family members
To enable grant holders to improve their language skills in preparation for their stay in Germany, the grant includes the following service:
- Language course (2 months) before the start of the research stay
Scholarship applications are reviewed by an independent, binational committee that is made up of specialist scientists.
- Academic Qualification (documented by university degree certificates and academic references)
- Academic achievements and duration of studies
- If applicable, academic achievements after graduation (e.g. publications, lectures, conference contributions)
- Quality of the research project (documented by presentation of research project, time plan, references, proof of contacts, if applicable: language certificates)
- Quality of research project presentation and preliminary work
- Originality, topicality and relevance of the project
- Reasons for choosing the host institution
- Feasibility and consistency of work schedule and work plan (analysis and evaluation steps)
What requirements must be met?
As a rule, applicants should not have graduated any longer than six years before the application Deadline.
The required language level depends on the applicant’s study plans and subject. As a rule, at least a good knowledge of German language is usually expected. For natural sciences and engineering, proof of good English language skills may also be accepted, if English is spoken at the host institute
Certificates, proof of credits, certifications and translations may be scanned in non-certified form and uploaded to the DAAD portal. The DAAD reserves the right to request certified copies of the documents.
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form
- List of publications (if applicable)
- Extensive and detailed description of the research proposal and a description of previous research work (max. 10 pages), including schedule of planned research work
- Diploma or degree certificate indicating final grade(s): the certificate must be subsequently submitted before the grant-supported research begins if it is not available at the time of application. In this case submission of an up-to-date transcript of records is required.
- Other documents which support your application (for example certificates of employment, proof of practical training/internships etc.)
- Proof of language skills corresponding to the requirements of the host institution
- German or English translations of documents submitted in the national language
In the case of individual projects supervised by a university teacher:
- Letter confirming supervision by a university teacher in Germany relating to the planned research project
- Letter of admission to a study programme (this can be subsequently submitted before the grant-supported research begins if it is not available at the time of application) and proof of existing contacts to the coordinator of the doctoral programme in the form of copies of correspondence
- Proof of permanent residence in the region of Gilgit-Baltistan
To be submitted by post:
One recent reference from a university teacher which provides information about your qualifications (hand-signed, no digital or scanned signature) has to be sent to DAAD Information Center in Bishkek.
Current information on application deadlines until 30.6.2021: Due to the current pandemic situation, applications can be submitted without an application reference.
DAAD Information Center Bischkek
Ul. Isanova 143/1
Contact and Consulting
Information and advisory centres
DAAD Information Center Bischkek
Ul. Isanova 143/1
+996 (312) 32 39 48