ERP Study Scholarships for Graduates of Economics and Business Administration • DAAD
|Country of Origin:||
The scholarship for this programme is restricted to certain countries of origin. You can find an explanation for this on the details page of the scholarship programme under the application requirements.
Applicable to the following disciplines:
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
- ERP Study Scholarships are sponsored by the Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Action (BMWK) to provide foreign graduates of Economics and Business Administration with opportunities to complete a Master's degree course at a state (public) or state-recognised German higher education institution and to gain a Master's Degree in Germany in the field of Economics and Business Administration .
Who can apply?
Excellently-qualified graduates who have completed a first degree (Bachelor, Diplom or comparable academic degree) in the field of Economics and Business Administration at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study programme.
What can be funded?
A complete Master's degree programme in Germany
Duration of the funding
18 - 24 months. Scholarships are awarded for degree courses with a duration of 3 or 4 semesters. To receive further funding after the first year of study, proof of academic achievements thus far should indicate that the study programme can be successfully completed within the standard period of study.
- Scholarship payments of 850 euros a month
- Study allowance of 460 euros a year
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance
- Upon decision of the selection committee the DAAD may fund attendance of a German language course at a language school in Germany for two months before the scholarship-supported studies begin.
- Further payments can be paid upon application (Family allowances cannot be paid).
Scholarship holders are selected by selection committees in the home countries.
If the degree programme includes a stay abroad, funding for this stay abroad will only be considered if it does not take place in the home country and if it lasts a maximum of 25 per cent of the scholarship term.
What requirements must be met?
- Applicants must hold at least their first academic degree.
- As a rule, applicants should have taken the final examinations of their last academic degree no longer than six years before the time of application.
- Applicants who have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the time of application cannot be considered.
- Applicants must apply to three host universities for admission to studies simultaneously. The scholarship award letter from the DAAD only becomes effective if the notification of admission has been presented to the DAAD in due time before the beginning of the scholarship.
- Incomplete applications cannot be considered by the DAAD.
- Language skills (German or English) according to the requirements of the desired study programme have to be proved.
Certificates, proof of credits, certifications and translations may be scanned in non-certified form and uploaded to the DAAD portal. DAAD's Head Office in Bonn will only request certified copies of the submitted documents in paper form if a grant is awarded!
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- Statement about academic and personal reasons for the planned study project in Germany (letter of motivation; 1 - 2 pages)
- Letter of admission to a study programme; this can be subsequently submitted before the scholarship-supported study programme begins if it is not available at the time of application.
- Form "Information about your preferred master programmes"
- University degree certificate indicating final grade(s): the certificate must be subsequently submitted before the scholarship-supported study programme begins if studies have not been completed at the time of application.
- Proof of level of German proficiency at the time of application and language proficiency tests according to the requirements of the chosen study programmes.
- Other documents you think might be of relevance to your application (e.g. certificates of employment, proof of placements)
- School leaving certificate with all individual grades (to be uploaded in the portal under "University entrance qualification")
- All university certificates on all annual examinations with individual grade(s), incl. explanation of grading system.
- German or English translations of documents submitted in the national language (to be uploaded with the corresponding documents)
To be submitted by post:
One recent reference from a university teacher which provides information about your qualifications. Please regard the instructions given on the tab “Submitting an application“.
The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD portal. Please note that the "Submitting an application" tab in the scholarship database only appears while the current application period is running. After the application deadline has expired, the portal for this programme is not available until the next application period.
The access to the DAAD portal opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline.
Application deadlines are updated at least once a year. In most cases, they are in the same period as the previous year. You can find the current dates here:
Selection date in February-March 2023. Start of the funding from October 2023.
Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
Sharaf Rashidov Ko´chasi 15
- Your application is only valid if you submit all the required documents to the DAAD portal on time.
- For submitting references by post, the postmark date serves as proof that they have been dispatched on time.
- (If further documents are to be submitted by post, please send them as soon as possible.)
- Incomplete applications cannot be considered. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their applications are complete.
- The application documents remain with the DAAD. Data relating to applicants is saved by the DAAD in accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act and with the EU Data Protection Regulation insofar as this data is needed to process the application.
Contact and Consulting
Information and advisory centres
Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
Cultural Department (email@example.com)
More detailed information
Submitting an application
General information on the application via DAAD portal
You can access the DAAD portal by clicking "Application portal" at the end of the page. Here you will find an online application form in which you can enter your application data.
This is what you have to do:
1. Register in the DAAD portal (Read notes about registering in the portal >>)
2. Request references
The form, which has to be completed by a referee, has to be generated in the DAAD portal in the section "Request reference" after registration and downloaded. Please send the form by e-mail to your referee and ask for the completed reference form to be returned to you in a sealed envelope. In each case, please provide your referee with the application address thus enabling him/her to send the recommendation letter there direct.
Please note that the form for completion by a referee can only be generated during the application period (from about 6 weeks before the application deadline).
Please generate one form for each referee.
The reference is confidential and may not be viewed by the applicant!
3. Applying online in the DAAD portal (Read notes on applying in the portal >>)
- Download and complete the online application form
- Prepare application documents
- If necessary, translate documents (unless they are already in German or English).
- Scan paper documents (except references) and save in PDF format. Please note that you can only upload PDF files to the portal.
- Upload the completed application form and the other application documents to the portal in PDF format. Translations, if applicable, should be uploaded together with the document issued in the original language.
- Submit the uploaded application documents online.
4. Sending application documents by post
References must be sent in the unopened envelope to the application location.
Information for applicants from non-EU countries:
Please remember to specify the exact contents of your postal consignment in the documents for the customs authorities, e.g. "Application for a scholarship with application documents, a reference and a DVD with work samples (no commercial goods, no merchandise value, no insurable value)".
If you have any technical questions or problems your local information and advice centres could not help you with, please do not hesitate to contact our technical Portal hotline: +49 (0228) 882-8888 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, open every weekday from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm and from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm (CET).
Please consider this when you are planning your application.