ALECOSTA: Alemania-Costa Rica • DAAD
Doctoral candidates/PhD students
|Country of Origin:||
The scholarship for this programme is restricted to certain countries of origin. You can find an explanation for this on the details page of the scholarship programme under the application requirements.
Applicable to the following disciplines:
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
Based on an agreement between CONARE and the DAAD, university lecturers from the four universities Universidad de Costa Rica, Instituto Tecnológico de Costa Rica, Universidad Nacional, Universidad Estatal a Distancia and Universidad Técnica Nacional receive funding to obtain further qualifications in Germany with scholarships for Master's and doctoral degrees.
Who can apply?
University lecturers from the Costa Rican universities Universidad de Costa Rica, Instituto Tecnológico de Costa Rica, Universidad Nacional, Universidad Estatal a Distancia and Universidad Técnica Nacional
What can be funded?
Master's and doctoral degrees
Duration of the funding
24 to 48 months
The scholarships are awarded for one year. Applications for extensions must be submitted and will be examined by the DAAD Selection Committee.
- Costa Rican partners: monthly scholarship payments
- Travel allowance, if not granted by the Costa Rican university
- Initial language course in Germany (up to 6 months for Master's and doctoral candidates including accommodation and pocket money) or language course during the course of study
- Health, nursing care, accident and liability insurance for the scholarship holder, if appclicable, health and liability insurance for the accompaning family
- One-year research and study grant
- Printing costs subsidy for doctoral students
- German language course costs for accompanying spouses, if applicable
Please select your status and your country of origin to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country of origin is not in the list? If your status and/or country of origin is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country of origin in the results list (left-hand column).