Friedrich Naumann Foundation: Scholarship for International Students
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
The scholarship scheme is open to qualified international candidates pursuing their Master's degree, at a state or state-recognized higher-education institution in Germany.
Equal importance is placed on both material and non-material support: Scholarships, study cost- and foreign residence allowances, etc. are a means to ensure financial stability. But participating in education projects, getting involved in activities by other scholarship holders and contributing ideas to the Foundation’s work is what breathes life into non-material support.
Not eligible for funding are
- second degrees
- part-time programmes
- distance learning degrees which are not pursued full-time
- post-graduate and complementary courses
- Bachelor’s programmes by international students who are non-EU nationals
- degree courses in their final stages (minimum funding covers two semesters starting with the beginning of the sponsorship
- any project such as internships, language courses, travel cost allowances, etc.
young people committed to the political ideas of the German liberal party and willing to take responsibility. They come from any discipline or subject taught at state-recognised universities of applied sciences or higher-education institutions in Germany. Those who are awarded a scholarship by the Foundation for Freedom are considered to be members of the ‘liberal family’ in Germany.
The sponsorship for students from abroad is intended for international applicants who wish to pursue a full-time programme at a state or state-recognised higher-education institution in Germany. Qualified students from abroad are invited to apply for a scholarship funding a Master's or a state examination degree (in the main study period).
Minimum funding covers two semesters starting with the beginning of the sponsorship. It is initially granted for one year. If applied for, sponsorship may be extended until completion of the degree.
The scholarship's worth is up to EUR 861 per month. In addition, there is a contribution to health insurance. The FNS offers furthermore non-material support in the form of a variety of projects, events and initiatives.
Please find the application forms and further information on the application procedure here
Applications are only possible here. Deadlines for application are 30 April and 31 October of each year.
- giftedness: Candidates have very good to outstanding academic or scientific records in their subject areas and well-rounded interests within school or university and beyond.
- personal requirements: Candidates are reliable, highly motivated personalities, who are willing to make decisions and take responsibility in the tradition of the German liberal party and ready to actively contribute to the further development of the social, political, cultural and economic life.
- social and political engagement: Candidates have a distinct liberal profile combined with an awareness of and commitment to social and political issues, which translates into participation in higher-education institutions, engagement in a liberal political party or organisations, associations and initiatives.
Please select your status and your country of origin to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country of origin is not in the list? If your status and/or country of origin is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country of origin in the results list (left-hand column).