Bayer Foundation: Kurt Hansen Fellowship in STEM Education
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
The Kurt Hansen Fellowship supports teachers, trainee teachers and student teachers in the STEM area (mathematics, computer science, natural sciences and technology).
The Kurt Hansen grant can be used for the following activities:
- internships, in Germany or abroad
- research projects in STEM education (in Germany or abroad)
- summer schools, research classes, special study courses or equivalent connected to STEM education (in Germany or abroad)
- courses on science communication, civic science or equivalent (in Germany or abroad
Candidates show a strong sense of commitment and motivation and submit an innovative international research project, which will be funded individually.
Applicants must study or work in Germany.
The following can apply for a grant:
- students of pedagogy, trainee teachers or student teachers (Bachelor, Master, PhD) in STEM subjects
- young teachers (less than 3 years of teaching experience) with a focus on STEM subjects
- teachers at elementary schools and special schools (independent of their professional experience) who want to improve their knowledge and skills in STEM teaching
Internships may take up to 6 months.
Other activities that may receive funding may take 1 year.
individual financial support, but limited to 10,000 EUR per request
Please find the application forms and further information on the application procedure here.
Please find the updated deadlines for application here.
The application must contain a detailed description of the proposed project, internship or course and the corresponding budget.
Please select your status and your country of origin to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country of origin is not in the list? If your status and/or country of origin is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country of origin in the results list (left-hand column).