Study Visits for Academics - Artists and Architects • DAAD
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
The aim of this programme is to promote artistic cooperations with German host institutions. The scholarships are funded by the German Federal Foreign Office.
Who can apply?
University teachers from the following disciplines are eligible to apply:
- Architecture (Interior Design, Monument Conservation, Urban Planning/Urban Development, Regional Planning, Landscape Architecture, Landscape Planning)
- Fine Art, Film, Design, Visual Communication
- Performing Arts (Drama, Direction, Musicals, Dance, Performance Studies, Choreography, etc.)
What can be funded?
Funding is provided for study visits at state or state-recognised universities in Germany for artistic cooperations with a host institution. A study visit can also take place at several host institutions.
Funding may only be claimed once within three years.
Duration of the funding
- Funding is provided for one to three months. Please indicate in your application how long you wish to receive funding. The funding period will then be determined during the selection process by a selection committee. The committee takes into account your work plan.
- The grant is non-renewable.
- Please note in your time planning that the funded stays should be completed by January 2025 at the latest.
- Monthly payments of
2,000 euros for assistant teachers, assistant professors and lecturers,
2,150 euros for professors
- Travel allowance
- In the case of a disability or chronic illness: subsidy for additional costs which result from the disability or chronic illness and are not covered by other funding providers: Further information
An independent selection committee reviews applications.
The most important selection criteria are:
- specialist qualification which must be documented in the curriculum vitae
- a convincing and well-planned research project
For more information on the selection procedure, go to Important Scholarship Information / Section E.
What requirements must be met?
Please check if the following criteria are fulfilled:
- You must teach at an institute of higher education in your home country.
- The research project must be coordinated with the cooperation partner in Germany.
Application deadlines are updated annually in the second quarter. In most cases, they are in the same period as the previous year. You can find the current dates here:
10th October 2023
Selection decision will be taken in February 2024, start of the funding usually in May 2024.
5th March 2024
Selection decision will be taken in June 2024, start of the funding usually in September 2024.
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- Comprehensive statement about working or research project (max. 10 pages), to be uploaded under ‘research project’ in the DAAD portal.
- Time schedule and itinerary (institutions / cooperation partners) of planned study visit (to be uploaded under ‘time schedule’ in the DAAD portal)
- Confirmation from the academic host in Germany; the confirmation must refer to your project and guarantee that the host institute in Germany will provide you with a workplace.
The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD portal.
Please note that the access to the application portal only appears while the current application period is running. After the application deadline has expired, the portal for this programme is not available until the next application period.
- Your application is only valid if you submit all the required documents to the DAAD portal on time.
- (If documents are to be submitted by post, please send them as soon as possible.)
- The DAAD portal closes at 24.00 hrs. (CET or CEST) on the last application day, unless it is possible to submit applications on an ongoing basis.
- Incomplete applications cannot be considered. You are responsible for ensuring that your applications are complete.
- The application documents remain with the DAAD. Your personal data is saved by the DAAD in accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act and with the EU Data Protection Regulation insofar as this data is needed to process the application.
Contact and Consulting
Information and advisory centres
DAAD Information Centre Buenos Aires
c/o Goethe Institute
Av. Corrientes 319, 1er piso, oficina 6
1043 Buenos Aires
Tel.: +54 11/43144-722
Fax.: +54 11/4311 5338
Lectorship in Tucumán
Universidad Nacional de Tucumán INSIL
Facultad de Filosofia y Letras
Avenida Benjamín de Aráoz 800
4000 San Miguel de Tucumán
Lectorship in Buenos Aires, IES Lenguas Vivas
I.E.S. en Lenguas Vivas “J. R. Fernández”
Departamento de Alemán
Carlos Pellegrini 1515
1011 Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires
Lectorship in Córdoba
Ms. Rabea Erradi
Universidad Nacional de Córdoba
Facultad de Lenguas
Av. Vélez Sársfield 187
5000 Córdoba Capital
Dr. Patrick Eser
Universidad de Buenos Aires
Facultad de Filosofía y Letras
25 de Mayo 221
1002 Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires
More detailed information
- DAAD website 'Important information for DAAD scholarship applicants'
- DAAD website section 'Doing a PhD and Research in Germany'
- Website 'Research in Germany'
- Website 'GERiT – German Research Institutions'
Submitting an application
General information on the application via DAAD portal
Applications for this scholarship programme are possible in the period June until the stated application deadline.
Click on 'Application portal' at the bottom of the page to go to the DAAD portal. There you will be provided with an online application form to enter your application data.
This is what you have to do:
Register in the DAAD portal (Read notes about registering in the portal >>)
Applying online in the DAAD portal (Read notes on applying in the portal >>)
- Download and complete the online application form
- Prepare application documents
- If necessary, translate documents (unless they are already in German or English).
- Scan paper documents and save in PDF format. Please note that you can only upload PDF files to the portal.
- Upload the completed application form and the other application documents to the portal in PDF format. Translations, if applicable, should be uploaded together with the document issued in the original language.
- Submit the uploaded application documents online.
If you have any technical questions or problems your local information and advice centres could not help you with, please do not hesitate to contact our technical Portal hotline: +49 (0228) 882-8888 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, open every weekday from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm (CET or CEST).
Please consider the availability of the hotline as well as possible processing times of your request when you are planning your application.