Study Visits for Academics - Artists and Architects • DAAD
|Country of Origin:||
The scholarship for this programme is restricted to certain countries of origin. You can find an explanation for this on the details page of the scholarship programme under the application requirements.
Applicable to the following disciplines:
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
The aim of this programme is to promote artistic cooperations with German host institutions.
Who can apply?
University teachers from the following disciplines:
- Architecture (Interior Design, Monument Conservation, Urban Planning/Urban Development, Regional Planning, Landscape Architecture, Landscape Planning)
- Fine Art, Film, Design, Visual Communication
- Performing Arts (Drama, Direction, Musicals, Dance, Performance Studies, Choreography, etc.)
What can be funded?
- Study visits at state or state-recognised universities in Germany for artistic cooperations with a host institution. A study visit can also take place at several host institutions.
- Funding may only be claimed once within three years.
Duration of the funding
- One to three months; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant's work schedule.
- The grant is non-renewable.
- Monthly payments of
2,000 euros for assistant teachers, assistant professors and lecturers,
2,150 euros for professors
- Travel allowance
- Other payments cannot be made.
An independent selection committee consisting of specialist scientists reviews applications.
The most important selection criteria are:
- specialist qualification which must be documented in the curriculum vitae
- a convincing and well-planned research project
What requirements must be met?
- Applicants must teach at an institute of higher education in their home country.
- The research project must be coordinated with the cooperation partner in Germany.
The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD portal. The access to the DAAD portal opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline.
To apply, please select the call for applications for this programme in the scholarship database (www.funding-guide.de). From here, you can enter the portal by clicking the tab "Submitting an application".
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- Comprehensive statement about research project (max. 10 pages)
- Time schedule and itinerary (institutions / cooperation partners) of planned study visit
- Written confirmation about the cooperation, which refers to the applicant's project
Application deadlines are updated at least once a year. In most cases, they are in the same period as the previous year. You can find the current dates here:
09 November 2020 for a research stay from 1 May 2021 until 31 January 2022
01 April 2021 for a research stay from 1 September 2021 until 30 April 2022
- Your application is only valid if you submit all the required documents to the DAAD portal on time.
- (If documents are to be submitted by post, please send them as soon as possible.)
- The DAAD portal closes at 24.00 hrs. (CET or CEST) on the last application day, unless it is possible to submit applications on an ongoing basis.
- Late or incomplete applications cannot be considered. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their applications are complete.
- The application documents remain with the DAAD. Data relating to applicants is saved by the DAAD in accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act and with the EU Data Protection Regulation insofar as this data is needed to process the application.
Contact and Consulting
Information and advisory centres
DAAD Information Centre Buenos Aires
c/o Goethe Institute
Av. Corrientes 319, 1er piso, oficina 6
1043 Buenos Aires
Tel.: +54 11/43144-722
Fax.: +54 11/4311 5338
Mr. Markus Vogl
Cátedra „Walter Gropius“ [UBA,FADU - DAAD]
„Walter Gropius“ – Lehrstuhl
Universidad de Buenos Aires
Facultad de Arquitectura, Diseño y Urbanismo
Pabellón III, Intendente Güiraldes 2160
C1428EGA Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires
Lector in Tucumán
Ms. Clara Fenocchio
Universidad Nacional de Tucumán INSIL
Facultad de Filosofia y Letras
Avenida Benjamín de Aráoz 800
4000 San Miguel de Tucumán
Lectorship in Buenos Aires, IES Lenguas Vivas
Ms. Swantje Mikara
I.E.S. en Lenguas Vivas “J. R. Fernández”
Departamento de Alemán
Carlos Pellegrini 1515
1011 Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires
Lectorship in Córdoba
Mr. Sebastian Wittkopf
Universidad Nacional de Córdoba
Facultad de Lenguas
Av. Vélez Sársfield 187
5000 Córdoba Capital
More detailed information
- DAAD website section "PhD studies and research"
- Website ”Research in Germany”
- Website ”GERiT – German Research Institutions"
- DAAD website ”Important information for DAAD scholarship applicants”
Submitting an application
General information on the application via DAAD portal
You can access the DAAD portal by clicking "Application portal" at the end of the page. Here you will find an online application form in which you can enter your application data.
This is what you have to do:
Register in the DAAD portal (Read notes about registering in the portal >>)
Applying online in the DAAD portal (Read notes on applying in the portal >>)
- Download and complete the online application form
- Prepare application documents
- If necessary, translate documents (unless they are already in German or English).
- Scan paper documents and save in PDF format. Please note that you can only upload PDF files to the portal.
- Upload the completed application form and the required appendices to the portal in PDF format. Translations, if applicable, should be uploaded together with the document issued in the original language.
- Submit the uploaded application documents online.
Please remember to specify the exact contents of your postal consignment in the documents for the customs authorities, e.g. "Application for a scholarship with application documents, a reference and a DVD with work samples (no commercial goods, no merchandise value, no insurable value)".
If you have any technical questions or problems your local information and advice centres could not help you with, please do not hesitate to contact our technical Portal hotline: +49 (0228) 882-8888 or via e-mail email@example.com, open every weekday from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm and from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm.
Please consider this when you are planning your application.
Please select your status and your country of origin to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country of origin is not in the list? If your status and/or country of origin is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country of origin in the results list (left-hand column).