Hertie School: Future of Europe Scholarship
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
The Future of Europe Scholarship from the Hertie School comprises of 1 full tuition scholarship available for applicants of all nationalities who wish to pursue a 2-year, full-time, Master of Public Policy or Master of International Affairs programme taught in English in Berlin, Germany.
The scholarship is directed at applicants with a demonstrated interest in European cooperation either academically or professionally, who wish to pursue a degree in public policy or international affairs.
The Hertie School is an international teaching and research centre of excellence located in vibrant and cosmopolitan Berlin. Our motto is Understand today. Shape tomorrow. We attract a highly talented student body from diverse national and interdisciplinary backgrounds. We offer them a study environment characterised by close interaction with faculty, lively public debates and engagement with current policy developments.
The Master of Public Policy (MPP) provides tomorrow’s decision makers with the tools they need to analyse policies, critically assess policy innovations and evaluate solutions. It is a hands-on programme, giving students not only knowledge but experience that they can use to promote good policies in all sectors.
The Master of International Affairs (MIA) equips students with the tools of international policymaking to tackle global challenges and devise sound policy proposals in a global multilevel system. Understanding how to navigate this complex landscape of diverse actors and disciplines forms the core of the programme.
The scholarships are available to applicants of any discipline or nationality who wish to complete a Master of Public Policy leading to an MPP degree or a Master of International Affairs leading to an MA degree.
- Undergraduate degree: to be eligible for a graduate degree at the Hertie School, you are required to have completed at least an undergraduate degree (Bachelor's or equivalent) of at least 6 semesters at an institution of higher education.
- Academic background: while many applicants have completed their degree in subjects related to public policy and international affairs, the Master’s programmes at the Hertie School of Governance are open to all academic backgrounds.
The scholarship covers the full tuition fees for the 2-year full-time Master of Public Policy or Master of International Affairs programme.
Every scholarship covers the full tuition fees of the respective Master's programme up to the value of 36,500 EUR.
You will find all information on the application procedure here.
Interested applicants should submit their applications and motivation statements before 1 February.
- Completed undergraduate degree
- Personal suitability: CV, professional experience, entrepreneurship, international experience, civic engagement
- Academic excellence: Strength of academic background, academic performance - grades/transcripts, general academic qualification, linguistic qualification
- Motivation: Convincing motivation to study the chosen degree programme, motivation to study at the Hertie School
- Essay on one of the questions put forward here
Please select your status and your country to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country is not in the list? If your status and/or country is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country in the results list (left-hand column).