DAAD/BECAS Chile • DAAD
Doctoral candidates/PhD students
|Country of Origin:||
The scholarship for this programme is restricted to certain countries of origin. You can find an explanation for this on the details page of the scholarship programme under the application requirements.
Applicable to the following disciplines:
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
Graduates from Chile receive grants to carry out research for a doctoral degree in Germany.
Who can apply?
Chilean graduates, academics and professionals.
What can be funded?
Doctoral studies at a German university and, where appropriate, in conjunction with a non-university research Institution.
Duration of the funding
Up to 48 months
Grants are awarded for one year respectively. Applications must be submitted for an extension and these are reviewed by the DAAD selection committee.
Co-funded by ANID and DAAD
- Language course (2, 4 or 6 months) before the start of the study visit; the DAAD and ANID decides whether to fund participation and for how long (s. Document "Bases del Concurso")
- Pocket money during intensive German course (ANID)
- Costs for outward and return travel (ANID)
- Monthly scholarship payments up to the maximum amount determined by ANID
- Monthly increase of the scholarship by 100 € (DAAD)
- Monthly allowance for accompanying spouse and children (ANID/DAAD)
- Medical, accident and personal liability insurance, if applicable also for accompanying dependants (DAAD)
- If applicable, cost of German language course for accompanying spouse (DAAD)
- Initial allowance for the start in Germany and return to Chile (ANID)
- Contribution towards the costs of printing Thesis in Germany (DAAD)
- If applicable, flat rate for an intermediate travel to Chile (DAAD)
The most important selection criteria are:
- Academic achievements
- Quality of doctoral Project
- Language skills
- If applicable professional experience
What requirements must be met?
- Chilean citizenship
- Licenciatura-degree in study programmes with a minimum of eigth semesters or evidence of professional qualification within a study programme with a minimum of ten semesters.
- Academic excellence, you are among the 30 per cent of the best academic year
- Furhter requirements are specified in the document "Bases del Concurso"
Online Application (For more information, see Document „Bases del Concurso“).
Before applying for the Becas Chile / DAAD programme, you must carefully read the document Bases del Concurso. There you will find detailed information on documents, deadlines, conditions, etc.
Applicantions must be submitted both via DAAD Portal and ANID Portal.
For further information please follow the link below: https://www.anid.cl/concursos/concurso/?id=613
- Please note that the access to the application portal only appears while the current application period is running. After the application deadline has expired, the portal for this programme is not available until the next application period.
- The access to the DAAD portal generally opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline at the latest.
Application deadlines are updated at least once a year. In most cases, they are in the same period as the previous year. You can find the current dates here:
DAAD Information Centre Santiago de Chile
La Concepción 81, oficina 703
Providencia, Santiago de Chile
Phone: +56-2-2946 2636
Handy: +56-9-3547 5060
Contact and Consulting
Information and advisory centres
Submitting an application
General information on the application via DAAD portal
You can access the DAAD portal by clicking "Application portal" at the end of the page. Here you will find an online application form in which you can enter your application data.
This is what you have to do:
1. Register in the DAAD portal (Read notes about registering in the portal >>)
2. Applying online in the DAAD portal (Read notes on applying in the portal >>)
- Download and complete the online application form
- Prepare application documents
- If necessary, translate documents (unless they are already in German or English).
- Scan paper documents (except references) and save in PDF format. Please note that you can only upload PDF files to the portal.
- Upload the completed application form and the required appendices to the portal in PDF format. Translations, if applicable, should be uploaded together with the document issued in the original language.
- Submit the uploaded application documents online.
If you have any technical questions or problems your local information and advice centres could not help you with, please do not hesitate to contact our technical Portal hotline: +49 (0228) 882-8888 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, open every weekday from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm and from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm.
Please consider this when you are planning your application.
Please select your status and your country of origin to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country of origin is not in the list? If your status and/or country of origin is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country of origin in the results list (left-hand column).