Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds: PhD Fellowships
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
The Boehinger Ingelheim Fonds offers doctoral sponsorships to outstanding junior scientists who want to conduct an ambitious doctoral project in the field of basic biomedical research at an internationally leading laboratory. The financing comprehends a monthly grant of EUR 1,550, in addition to an individual country allowance. The sponsorships are initially awarded for two years with the option to extend of up to 12 further months. Moreover, participation in international scientific conferences and practice-oriented training courses are supported. Beside the financial support fellows receive personal support, participate in seminars where they discuss their research projects with other fellows, and attend communication trainings designed to especially respond to the needs of scientists.
Outstanding European junior scientists who want to do research worldwide, and non-European scientists wishing to do research in Europe. Applicants must have obtained their first university entrance qualification (secondary school leaving certificate, A-levels, or entrance test for first university studies after finishing school) within eight years before the application deadline.
Eligible applicants meet the following criteria: (1) outstanding academic record, (2) research proposal of extraordinary scientific quality and (3) excellent scientific standard of the laboratory, in which the project is to be realised.
Number of Scholarships
about 50 fellowships per year
two years with the option to apply for a funding renewal of up to 12 further months
- base amount of EUR 1,550 per month plus individual country allowance, i.e., of EUR 200 in Germany and EUR 800 in the US
- EUR 150 lump sum for material expenses
- allowance for accompanying spouses and children possible
- attendance of select seminars for scientific research and networking during the scholarship and beyond
- communication training
- lifetime membership in the alumni association network
- individual support by the foundation
All application forms and further information on the application procedure here
1 February, 1 June and 1 October of each year
- Applicants must have obtained their first university entrance qualification (secondary school leaving certificate, A-levels, or entrance test for first university studies after finishing school) within eight years before the application deadline.
- Excellent academic record
- Ambitious doctoral project in the field of natural sciences, designed to make a relevant contribution to the future development in basic biomedical research
- Candidates should not have been working on the project for more than 6 months at the time of application.
- For applicants from outside Europe: The project must be pursued in Europe.
Please select your status and your country of origin to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country of origin is not in the list? If your status and/or country of origin is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country of origin in the results list (left-hand column).