Stiftung Charité: Humboldt Fellowships at Berlin Institute of Health (BIH)
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
The Humboldt Research Fellowships at BIH provide scientists in the life sciences working abroad with the possibility to spend extended periods of research at the Berlin institution. The Fellowships address early-career scientists who have completed their doctorate no more than four years ago, as well as already established researchers who have obtained their doctorate within the last four to 12 years. The funding enables the Humboldt Research Fellows to carry out a long-term research project of their own choice at BIH.
young or already established early-career researchers from abroad
- postdoctoral candidates: funding of a sustained period of research of six to 24 months
- experienced researchers: funding of a sustained research stay covering six to 18 months. The stay may be split up into at most three visits, each of which lasts a minimum of three months, within a total timeframe of 36 months.
The Fellowship includes
- a grant amounting to EUR 3,150 per month for experienced researchers or to EUR 2,650 each month for postdoctoral fellows, respectively
- additional benefits, such as travel allowances, language grant, allowances for accompanying family members, standard child allowance for accompanying children for single-parent research fellows, additional fellowship renewal for reasons of child care, if required; research cost allowance, Europe allowance, extensive alumni support
- information about the Fellowship candidate, such as application form, CV, description of research project, key publications, complete list of publications, doctoral certificate, language proficiency certificate,
- expert reviews
- a review by BIH or its host at Charité or MDC, including a firm committment on a research workplace and mentoring.
Applications to the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation are welcome at any time. Please allow four to seven months for your application to be processed.
Highly talented postdoctoral students who are embarking on their careers and have obtained their doctorate no longer than four years ago are invited to apply for a Humboldt Fellowship for postdoctoral researchers.
The Humboldt Fellowships forexperienced researchers are open to highly qualified individuals with a distinct academic profile who completed their doctorate not more than twelve years ago.
Applications are generally welcome from researchers who are working abroad or from foreign nationals who have spent less than six months in Germany at the time of application and who have previously worked abroad. Candidates who hold German citizenship are eligible to apply provided that their habitual place of work and residence has been located abroad for at least five years.
All BIH members are eligible for hosting applying scientists in Berlin, that is, the host must be either a full-time professor at Charité or a leading scientist at MDC.
Please select your status and your country of origin to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country of origin is not in the list? If your status and/or country of origin is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country of origin in the results list (left-hand column).