Rosa Luxemburg Foundation: International PhD Scholarship
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
The RLF is a political educational organisation closely affiliated with DIE LINKE (The Left Party) which awards scholarships to international students planning to obtain a doctorate or carry out a doctoral research stay in Germany. The sponsorship is based upon the Foundation's political values: social justice and solidarity in particular.
particularly gifted international doctoral candidates from any discipline (except for medical disciplines) and type of higher-education institution with a promising topic for a doctoral thesis who can identify with and are committed to the democratic socialism and its values
- admission to a doctoral programme at a state or state-recognized higher-education institution in Germany, an EU-member state or Switzerland
- proof of proficiency in German at a B 2 level
two years with the option to extend the period twice for six months for academic or technical reasons, and up to another year due to illness, disability or parental leave
- Doctoral candidates receive a grant of EUR 1,200 each month plus a mobility allowance of EUR 100 and a lump sum of EUR 20 as an additional benefit.
Further information on the application procedure can be found here
1 April and 1 October of each year
- enrolment at a state or state-recognised higher-education institution in Germany, an EU-member state or Switzerland
- supervision by a university teacher in Germany
- very good graduate degree
- social engagement in line with the values of the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation
- proficiency in German at a B 2 level at least (proof required)
Please select your status and your country of origin to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country of origin is not in the list? If your status and/or country of origin is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country of origin in the results list (left-hand column).