Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS): International Scholarships
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
Every year the Foundation awards scholarships to committed students and doctoral candidates who have successfully completed a higher education programme in their country of origin, are pursuing post-graduate studies (post-graduate courses/Master's programme) or a doctorate or who are doing at least a 4-semester research project at a higher education institution in Germany. Applicants from any nation are invited to apply. Scholars are given the opportunity to complete a German higher education qualification, earn a doctorate or acquire additional knowledge in their academic fields. The Foundation's goal is to help further the education and training of young academics, expecting them to shoulder responsibility for the state and society in their home countries after their return. The sponsorship amount and duration depend on the academic goals of the applicant. In addition, a number of allowances and contributions may be applied for.
committed and gifted students and doctoral candidates from any subject or nation who can relate to and stand up for the goals of the Konrad Adenauer Foundation
Candidates have successfully completed a higher education programme in their country of origin and plan post-graduate studies (post-graduate courses/Master's programme), a doctorate or at least a 4-semester research project at a higher education institution in Germany.
The duration of the sponsorship depends on the circumstances and study aims as well as on the proven academic achievements. The grant period for graduates, that is, students doing post-graduate studies or a Master's programme, generally extends over 2 years. For doctoral candidates the sponsorship is awarded for a period of 3 years.
- Graduates receive a monthly grant of 861 EUR.
- PhD students, subject to fulfilment of the requirements for unconditional admission to a doctoral programme at an institution of higher education in Germany, as well as scholarship holders with a degree comparable to a Master's degree from a German higher education institution who are coming to Germany for the purpose of research and can provide evidence of at least 2 years of academic activity upon the start of the scholarship, receive a monthly grant of 1,200 EUR.
- The Foundation grants a number of allowances and contributions, i.e. to health- and long-term care insurance as well as child- and family allowances, if applicable. See here for further information.
Application forms and further information on the application procedure can be found here.
Closing date for applications is 15 July (12 o'clock noon) of each year.
- good German language skills (B2 level)
- proof of excellent academic merit
- broad general education and a pronounced interest in political matters
- positive stance on democracy and human rights
- social involvement for the benefits of others and society in the home country
- tolerance towards those whose convictions are different
- high degree of commitment and motivation