The programme fee covers a placement test, teaching material, all courses and accompanying field trips, city tours and excursions, welcome evening and certificate of completion.
Please note that the programme fee does not include accommodation or insurance costs. Participants look for accommodation individually. However, there is a limited number of room contingents for the student dormitory, which will be confirmed in the middle of June (check-in is one day before the start of course; check out: last day of course).
The programme is intended for students of all majors and disciplines and German language learners who would like to improve their German language skills and explore German history and culture in depth. German classes can be taken at levels B and C.
The International Summer Academy Sans Souci offers intensive language courses and subject-specific courses. The first part of the programme focuses on German as a foreign language and practical phonetics. The second part of the programme includes a seminar and a project of your choice.
With ISAS, you have the opportunity to not only deepen your German language skills but also augment your knowledge of German history and culture.
After one month in the Sans Souci programme, you will return home with "a suitcase full of memories" of experiences, impressions, and new friendships. Above all, you will know about your own personal developments.
German as a Foreign Language course (level B and level C)
- building upon the existing language ability
- consideration of current topics and participants' interests
- preparation for seminars and project courses
- playful and targeted exercises to optimise pronunciation, accentuation, and intonation
Seminars (select one of three)
- Seminar I: A Snapshot of Modern German History
- Seminar II: The Division of Germany
- Seminar III: Jewish History and Jewish Life Today in Germany
Project courses (select one of three)
- Project course I: focus on photography
- Project course II: focus on literature
- Project course III: focus on theatre
All courses will be taught in German.
- 22 days of the programme for courses, course-related field trips, and cultural programme
- 84 contact hours (from Monday to Friday)
- five to eight contact hours per day (one contact hour equals 45 minutes)
- four cultural programme activities on the weekends (city tours and day trips)
The well-being and safety of our participants is the highest priority.
We are regularly in contact with the university management, local and foreign authorities and partner institutions about health and security standards and monitor the situation closely. We will provide support to students with information about local health and safety services, and of course, we will arrange for assistance in case of an emergency.