Preparation Programme Prep Programme
Kühne Logistics University • Hamburg
Unfortunately, this course has already ended.
- In cooperation with
- Berlin International College
- Teaching language
- October 01, 2020 - June 30, 2021
- More information on course dates
Please check our website for information concerning enrolment!
As the German Abitur (high school leaving certificate) is held to such a high standard, it is often quite difficult for international applicants to meet the equivalent. With international high school diplomas, direct entry is usually not an option. In order to bridge the gap, KLU offers students the opportunity to complete our Preparation Programme at our partner institution in Berlin.
All interested students are asked to apply for our Bachelor of Science Programme, and if you do not satisfy the German eligibility requirements for pursuing your Bachelor's degree at KLU, you could be eligible to enrol in the Preparation Programme. Once you have submitted all of your documents, our admission team will review your application, and depending on your eligibility, you will be offered a study spot.
For business studies, you must take a combination of subject courses as well as introductory German (identified as a necessity by the state). The programme prepares you for the Feststellungsprüfung (FSP), which is an entry exam conducted in Hamburg. You will take the FSP at the end of the programme, and upon passing, you will be eligible to start your Bachelor's studies at KLU.
For further information, please check our homepage!
- Course components
- Subject-specific preparation
- Intercultural training
- Preparation for entrance examinations
- Language course
- Further information on the language course / language courses
Preparation programme, including A1 and A2 German courses
- Recognised language exams offered (e.g. DSH, TestDaF, TOEFL)
- Do course participants have student status?
- Does this course involve taking the university entrance examination or does the course specifically prepare students for this examination?
- Preparation for degree programmes
- Bachelor's degree
- Preparation for subject groups
- Law, Economics and Social Sciences
- Further information on subsequent admission to degree programmes/guaranteed admission
The programme prepares students for the Feststellungsprüfung (FSP), which is a state-administered entry exam that takes place in Hamburg. They will take the FSP at the end of the programme, and upon passing, will be eligible to continue their Bachelor's studies at Kühne Logistics University (KLU).
- 11,360 EUR (Preparation Programme, including A1 and A2 German)
- This price includes
- Course fees
- Course fees for language course
- 6,816 EUR (Preparation Programme without German courses - must be able to prove at least German A2 language knowledge)
- This price includes
- Course fees
- Language requirements
- Do applicants require a higher education entrance qualification recognised in Germany?
- Do applicants have to have already been admitted to a study programme at your university?
- Submit application to
Please apply via the online application for the BSc in the Business Administration programme. (If you do not satisfy the requirements for the Bachelor's programme, you could be eligible to enrol in the Preparation Programme.)
- Is accommodation organised?
- The organiser does not provide assistance.
- Is a social and leisure programme offered?
- Free internet access
- Support in visa matters
- Pick-up service from train station/airport
Kühne Logistics University
Kühne Logistics University - Wissenschaftliche Hochschule für Logistik und Unternehmensführung (KLU) is a private, state-accredited university located on Hamburg’s harbour. Sponsored by the non-profit Kühne Stiftung (Kühne Foundation), KLU offers a broad spectrum of courses and research in logistics and supply chain and business management.
Our BSc, MSc, and PhD degree programmes feature an international student body, an outstanding faculty, an intimate learning environment, and extensive corporate ties. Our part-time MBA programme, open enrolment, and customised executive education programmes provide excellent opportunities for professionals to expand their expertise.
KLU is unique for its international faculty, known for research excellence in logistics, transportation, supply chain management, and related aspects of business.
The private university in Hamburg is one of the top universities in the 2014 Handelsblatt research ranking of business administration faculties and achieved top ratings in the 2017 CHE university rankings.
Hamburg is a popular city among German students. Its cultural spectrum rivals that of Berlin. Students can experience the diverse nightlife offered at the Reeperbahn, enjoy great music at the Elbjazz and Dockville festivals, relax in the cafés and trendy bars in the St Georg and Schanze districts and watch the Hamburg sunset at the city's popular harbour beach clubs.
With over four million inhabitants, the Hamburg metropolitan area is among the biggest winners to profit from the opening up of Eastern Europe and worldwide globalisation. This metropolis on the water is the most easterly of the northern seaports, making it the ideal port for Eastern Europe. As a global hub serving overseas countries, Central and Eastern Europe, and the Baltic area, Hamburg benefits from its central position at the confluence of global trade handled by European logistics.
Hamburg is also considered to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Its extensive stretches of water and green parks and the historic residential areas are renowned. There are many attractive possibilities for leisure activities. These special qualities, together with the maritime atmosphere and its proximity to the North Sea and the Baltic Sea, make Hamburg a jewel among international cities.
The historic core of Hamburg's port is the "Speicherstadt," the former warehouse area, where the world's most beautiful warehouse complex was built at the end of the 19th century. Against this background, the new HafenCity is being constructed on the former harbour area, and it is right here - in the centre of Hamburg and right on the waterfront - where Kühne Logistics University is located. Students can easily find everything they need in order to study and feel comfortable. This includes superbly equipped interactive teaching and study rooms, state-of-the-art facilities, broadband wireless access, a well-stocked library, and access to relevant online databases for research.
- » Bachelor's in Business Administration • Kühne Logistics University • Hamburg
- » Master in Global Supply Chain Management (Tricontinent) • Kühne Logistics University • Hamburg
- » Master of Science in Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management • Kühne Logistics University • Hamburg
- » Master of Science in Management • Kühne Logistics University • Hamburg