All modules of the study programme required for graduation are taught in English.
Additionally, students may choose from a broad range of German-taught elective modules at Furtwangen University. Examples of German-taught elective modules include: software development, app development, consumer research, consumer psychology, online marketing, entrepreneurship, finance management, e-shop design, graphic design and digital media.
15 January for summer semester (starting 15 March)
There is a 1,500 EUR tuition fee per semester for non-EU citizens.
Students with a European Union citizenship do not pay tuition fees.
Digitalisation is the biggest growth market worldwide – waiting for young talents to shape it! The "International Business Information Systems" Bachelor's programme delivers know-how and key qualifications in digital business, computer science and data science for the 21st century.
Professors with extensive management and research experience teach applicable knowledge and methods to prepare students for careers in business management and consulting.
Four qualities make this programme and faculty unique:
- It is the only accredited Bachelor's programme in Germany in the field of Business Information Systems taught 100% in English, combining digital business management with computer science and data science.
- It is the first faculty in Germany that founded Business Information Systems (in 1971).
- It is the only faculty in Germany and the first faculty worldwide that teaches and certificates students to become experts in Efficient Resource Planning (ERP) on its own SAP system.
- The faculty has some of the best hardware and software equipment in Germany to teach and train students in data science, big data analysis and eCommerce (eShop Design).
Students benefit from dedicated mentoring and individual talent-based career development plans, combined with the faculty's excellent reputation and professors with management experience, helping them to achieve outstanding career perspectives worldwide.
The Business Information Systems degree programme teaches the theory and practice of business administration in combination with computer science.
Examples of topics students learn during the first three semesters include the following:
- Business Management & Financial Accounting
- Programming Fundamentals
- IT Systems & Network Architectures
- Databases, Applied Mathematics & Statistics
- Digital Marketing & eCommerce
With these fundamentals, students in advanced semesters learn to:
- collect, store and secure data for business strategy and decision-making
- analyse big data for business intelligence reports and controlling
- understand business processes to plan the efficient use of company resources
- configure and apply information technology (IT) to solve and optimise tasks in production, logistics, marketing, and revenue management
Work-based learning right from the start: Professors and industry managers work with students on case studies and hands-on exercises, providing first-hand insight into current topics.
Excellent career perspectives:
- Eighty-five percent of the faculty's international students get a full-time job and stay in Germany.
- Students can meet representatives from more than 90 different companies at the university's career fair twice a year.
- After only 1.5 years of study, students have their first opportunity to earn money and carry out IT-related work during an internship.
Choose the best possible start for your business career in Germany and internationally!