Pre-College Fulda Pre-College Fulda
Fulda University of Applied Sciences • Fulda
- Teaching language
- October 2021 - September 2022
Pre-College Fulda – Preparing International Students for University Studies and Careers – offers international students without direct entry qualifications alternative ways to access higher education. As the name suggests, the programme also prepares candidates for university studies and careers or professional training. It is an orientation programme that helps participants find and successfully pursue an education or career path that best suits their abilities and interests.
For more information, please visit the programme's website.
- Course components
- Subject-specific preparation
- General preparation for studies
- Preparation for academic working methods
- Intercultural training
- Orientation "Living in Germany"
- Preparation for entrance examinations
- Language course
- Recognised language exams offered (e.g. DSH, TestDaF, TOEFL)
- Average number of hours per week
- Do course participants have student status?
- Does this course involve taking the university entrance examination or does the course specifically prepare students for this examination?
- Preparation for degree programmes
- Bachelor's degree
- Preparation for subject groups
- Agriculture, Forestry and Nutritional Science
- Languages and Cultural Studies
- Law, Economics and Social Sciences
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences
- Further information on subsequent admission to degree programmes/guaranteed admission
After successfully completing Pre-College Fulda, students can choose from a number of options to continue their education including campus-based university studies and dual study programmes as well as vocational trainings.
More information regarding the programme's prospects can be found on its website.
- Integrated internships
Integrated internships are included. Within the "Practical Module", a work placement / internship is mandatory.
- Average number of participants per group/course
- The participation in Pre-College Fulda is free of charge. Only the university's semester contribution of approx. 300 EUR has to be paid.
This includes the contribution to the local Studentenwerk, the contribution to the general student committee, a semester ticket for public transport in the state of Hesse and an administrative fee.
- This price includes
- Course fees
- Course fees for language course
- Accompanying programme
- Academic admission requirements
To take part in the Pre-College Fulda programme, applicants must fulfil a number of admission requirements:
indirect or direct university entrance qualification
academic requirements: students must fulfil the academic requirements of the respective study programme
- Language requirements
At least a B1 (CEFR) level of German language skills is required. The following language certificates are accepted:
Deutsches Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz Stufe 1 (DSD I)
telc Deutsch B1 (Zertifikat Deutsch)
Certificates of Fulda University
- Do applicants require a higher education entrance qualification recognised in Germany?
- Do applicants have to have already been admitted to a study programme at your university?
- Submit application to
Pre-College Fulda uses an online application form that can be found on the programme's website.
- Is accommodation organised?
- The organiser helps participants look for accommodation.
You can choose between accommodation in a university hall of residence or a private room in a local residential student community on campus or in town. All rooms are completely furnished with a kitchen, a laundry room with a washing machine and dryer, a toilet and shower, a TV, and Internet access. Monthly costs are approx. 280–400 EUR. If you prefer to organise accommodation by yourself, you are free to do so. In this case, we can support you with a list of residence halls.
Directly adjacent to the campus and in town, you will find various shopping facilities. There are also supermarkets with international food, such as Turkish, Asian, or African products. On the campus, you can find a canteen, a student café, and takeaway food.
- Is a social and leisure programme offered?
- Description of social and leisure programme
During the orientation week, we assist you in all administrative affairs that have to be dealt with (e.g. health insurance, residence permit, rental agreement, student card, registration). Our buddy programme pairs new international students with experienced German or international students. You are invited to take part in activities, such as excursions to the near and far surroundings, to get to know Germany, the city of Fulda, our university, the campus and, of course, the other students.
- Free internet access
- Support in visa matters
- Pick-up service from train station/airport
Fulda University of Applied Sciences
Fulda University of Applied Sciences is a practice-oriented university with an international profile and a strong focus on applied research. Fulda University is the first university of applied sciences in Germany with the independent right to confer doctoral degrees. Founded in 1974, the university currently encompasses eight departments with over 60 study programmes, approx. 9,700 students, and 1,400 international students from more than 100 countries. The university staff includes 170 professors as well as approx. 550 academic and administrative employees. The university offers a broad spectrum of academic and professional education. Numerous research and development projects are undertaken in cooperation with private business and industry. Fulda University cooperates with more than 100 universities around the world. The number of international programmes is growing continuously. These programmes are partly or entirely taught in English. At the Bachelor's level, we currently offer three international Bachelor's programmes: "Science & Engineering", "International Health Sciences", and "International Business & Management". At the Master's level, we offer five programmes: "International Management", "Intercultural Communication and European Studies", "International Food Business and Consumer Studies", "Global Software Development", and "Human Rights in Politics, Law, and Society".
Further programmes designed for international students include the following:
- Pre-College Fulda, a preparatory year for applicants with and without direct higher education entrance qualification for Germany
- Pre-Study Fulda, a preparatory semester for international applicants that includes German language training
- Career service for international students and graduates
- Preparatory intensive German courses, from beginner's level to DSH level
- German courses (accompanying studies)
- Support services, e.g. to find housing as well as various buddy programmes
- International Summer University (ISU), International Winter University (IWU), and International Course in Social Work (ICSW)
A historic city founded in 744, Fulda today has a population of 68,000 with approx.100,000 people living in the region. Fulda's Baroque quarter is one of the most beautiful in Germany and attracts visitors from all over the world. The picturesque Old Town has many cafés, bars, and pubs, with numerous shops and boutiques. The city's cultural life has something to offer for everyone. The high quality of life makes Fulda a great place to live and an ideal place to study. Fulda enjoys ideal public transport connections. One of Europe's principal international airports, Frankfurt International, is just one hour away by car or direct train. Other major cities in Germany, like Berlin, Munich, Cologne, or Hamburg, are within easy reach and only two to three hours away by train. Even famous European capitals like Paris are reachable within no more than five hours by train.
- » International Business & Management (IBM) • Fulda University of Applied Sciences • Fulda
- » International Health Sciences • Fulda University of Applied Sciences • Fulda
- » Science & Engineering • Fulda University of Applied Sciences • Fulda
- » Global Software Development (MSc) • Fulda University of Applied Sciences • Fulda
- » Human Rights Studies in Politics, Law and Society • Fulda University of Applied Sciences • Fulda
- » Intercultural Communication and European Studies (ICEUS) • Fulda University of Applied Sciences • Fulda
- » International Food Business and Consumer Studies (IFBC) • Fulda University of Applied Sciences • Fulda
- » International Management • Fulda University of Applied Sciences • Fulda
- » Pre-Study Fulda • Fulda University of Applied Sciences • Fulda