For accommodation, various options are available:
- Furnished single room at student guest house (including kitchen): 350 EUR
- Stay at a self-chosen hotel: price depending on the hotel
- European Youth Hostel Saarbrücken, single room: 525 EUR
- Family stay at a local family: service charge
- International students interested in gaining German language qualifications for studies in engineering or business
- International graduates and professionals wishing to prepare for a job in Germany either in the field of engineering or business
The course is also designed for people wishing to work with German companies.
Special lectures in English
Experts from industry and professors of engineering and business will showcase their fields of expertise from the German perspective. By exploring current topics, you will get up-to-date sneak peaks into German engineering and management.
There are six intensive lectures of one hour each offered during the three weeks.
You will discover world leading companies in the region through interactive tours. These include global players such as Festo, Hager, Villeroy & Boch, ZF and Michelin. Take the opportunity to connect with your potential employers and discover the portfolio of the regional job market. Feel free to bring along your CV to get in touch with the HR unit after the tours.
In addition to the lectures and company tours, you will benefit from an intensive German language course consisting of ten teaching hours per week, offered at two levels: beginner (A1/A2) and advanced (B1 to C1). Learn about job-specific vocabulary and related topics like how to write your CV to impress German companies.
You will dive into the German working culture in a dense course of four teaching hours per week. You will focus on work and business cultures like organisational and team cultures frequently found in German companies and be introduced to the basics of communication cultures in professional and private environments. Our approach is learner-centred and follows effective training methods.
Every week, the course consists of 20 hours (six hours of lectures, 10 hours of German, four hours of intercultural communication) as well as company tours and extracurricular activities.
Check the university website: www.htwsaar.de.