Berlin Summer Courses for Academics & Professionals Berlin Summer Courses for Academics & Professionals
Technical University of Applied Sciences Wildau • Berlin
- Course location
- In cooperation with
- Institut für Internationale Kommunikation e. V. (IIK) in Berlin and Düsseldorf
- Teaching language
- Language level of course
- German: A1, A2, B1, B2, C1
- May 04 - May 29, 2020 (Registration Deadline May 04, 2020)
- June 02 - June 26, 2020 (Registration Deadline June 02, 2020) DAAD scholarship application Reference number HSK-0800a
- July 02 - July 29, 2020 (Registration Deadline July 02, 2020) DAAD scholarship application Reference number HSK-0800b
- August 04 - August 28, 2020 (Registration Deadline August 04, 2020) DAAD scholarship application Reference number HSK-0800c
- August 31 - September 25, 2020 (Registration Deadline August 31, 2020) DAAD scholarship application Reference number HSK-0800d
- September 28 - October 23, 2020 (Registration Deadline September 28, 2020) DAAD scholarship application Reference number HSK-0800e
- Target group
Qualified academics and professionals who want to study or work in Germany
Experience life and live in Germany!
Our intensive language courses are ideal for applicants to German-speaking university courses or people who want or need to use German in their profession. Our classes teach you not only grammar and writing but also how to converse fluently. Additionally, you will broaden your vocabulary, improve your pronunciation, and train your written and oral skills. From the first lesson on, you will hear and speak only German.
Courses consist of a total of approx. 100 lessons (one lesson = 45 minutes). They all include a final exam including the IIK Language Certificate of Proficiency based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The course offers free additional services such as individual homework assistance, tutoring, and a conversation group.
Naturally, we train all skills in our courses - with a curriculum that prepares for the university entrance exams TestDaF, DSH, telc C1 Hochschule - and we place great emphasis on communication and a solid basis in grammar that will be useful in any highly qualified job.
Count on the latest classroom technology with virtual classrooms, interactive whiteboards, and fast, free Wi-Fi for all students - the Internet and the world (and your family and friends) are at your fingertips in class as well as outside class. Welcome to Berlin! With us, you will quickly improve your language skills, and you will find out many exciting new things about both German culture and the capital of Germany.
You can also choose to combine your courses in Berlin and Düsseldorf and study in two cities for two months.
Get an up-to-date schedule of all IIK courses at iik-berlinerid.de.
- Average number of hours per week
- Average number of participants per group/course
- ECTS credits (max.)
- Dates and costs
- May 04 - May 29, 2020 (Registration Deadline May 04, 2020), costs: EUR 520
- June 02 - June 26, 2020 (Registration Deadline June 02, 2020), costs: EUR 520 DAAD scholarship application Reference number HSK-0800a
- July 02 - July 29, 2020 (Registration Deadline July 02, 2020), costs: EUR 550 DAAD scholarship application Reference number HSK-0800b
- August 04 - August 28, 2020 (Registration Deadline August 04, 2020), costs: EUR 550 DAAD scholarship application Reference number HSK-0800c
- August 31 - September 25, 2020 (Registration Deadline August 31, 2020), costs: EUR 550 DAAD scholarship application Reference number HSK-0800d
- September 28 - October 23, 2020 (Registration Deadline September 28, 2020), costs: EUR 520 DAAD scholarship application Reference number HSK-0800e
- This price includes
- Course fees
- Accompanying programme
For this course DAAD university summer course scholarships (usually starting at language level B1) are available. If you wish to apply for this course, you can find all necessary information about the scholarship programme and its application requirements here. To submit your application, please note the HSK-reference number listed below the course date of your choice (category „dates and costs“).
- Teaching language
- Language level of course
- German: A1, A2, B1, B2, C1
- Language requirements
You can choose the course that best suits you from 10 different levels.
- Submit application to
Technische Hochschule Wildau
c/o Institut für Internationale Kommunikation e. V.
Oudenarder Str. 16
- Is accommodation organised?
- Accommodation is arranged by the organiser.
- Type of accommodation
Single room (host family or shared flat): 540 EUR for four weeks (subject to availability)
Double room (host family or shared flat): 395 EUR for four weeks per person (subject to availability).
Date of arrival: one day before course starts
Date of departure: one day after end of course
Meals are not included in the cost of the programme. You will need approx. 10 EUR per day for three meals per day.
- Is a social and leisure programme offered?
- Description of social and leisure programme
Join us and participants from around the world in our exclusive leisure time programme and experience culture, sports, parties, and pub nights. We also offer numerous excursions, for example, to Potsdam, Hamburg, or Leipzig (excursions cost from 5 to 50 EUR).
- Free internet access
- Support in visa matters
- Pick-up service from train station/airport
Technical University of Applied Sciences Wildau
LEARNING LANGUAGES IN THE 21ST CENTURY THE BERLIN WAY
The Technische Hochschule Wildau (TH Wildau) is a young campus university located south of Berlin with a strong focus on the future and on practical studies. It was founded in 1991 and is by now the largest university of applied sciences in the state of Brandenburg. On a modern and compact campus with a direct rail connection to Berlin, aspiring academics enjoy an ideal environment for their studies in a range of disciplines covering the natural sciences, engineering, economics, law, business administration and management.
The Institut für Internationale Kommunikation e. V. (IIK) is a non-profit organisation located in Berlin (and Düsseldorf) that promotes international exchange. The IIK's focus lies on developing participants' languages skills for either academic or professional purposes.
STATE-OF-THE-ART TECHNICAL EQUIPMENT
- Interactive whiteboards
- iPads and apps used in class
- Additional e-learning options with IIK's Moodle platform
- Fast & free Wi-Fi access for all students
EXCELLENT TEACHING STANDARDS
- Individual placement tests
- Quick learning pace & regular tests
- 10 course levels (A1-C1)
- Multinational groups
- Globally recognised exams & certificates
- Free additional services, e.g., individual homework assistance
HIGHLY QUALIFIED TEACHERS
- With German as their native language
- With university degrees & GFL qualification
- With professional teaching experience
- Professional support with visa applications
- Diverse cultural & recreational programme
- Organised accommodation if requested
- Service packages (public transportation ticket, two excursions, pick-up service)
- Study counselling and placement service
- Enrolment in a low-priced health insurance if requested
- Access to university libraries & cafeterias
TH Wildau is a campus university. The teaching and administration buildings, dining room, and library are all located on an interconnected site by the Wildau S-Bahn train station, with direct access to Berlin. Therefore, studying in Wildau is exceptionally convenient because you don’t have any long journeys between classes.
The campus is located on a historic industrial and manufacturing site. Where once locomotives were built in vast production halls, today people study, teach, and research. Some of the teaching and laboratory facilities of the TH Wildau are housed within these historic walls, while others are housed in new buildings. This extraordinary mix of old and new continues to attract students and visitors with a passion for architecture.
As the multicultural capital city with 3.5 million inhabitants, Berlin stands out not only as the centre of German politics but also as a world-renowned hub of culture, complex historic events, fashion, clubbing, and creativity. Berlin is home to numerous secondary schools and educational institutions, making it the perfect city in which to live and study.
German courses take place in Berlin Mitte, the central district of the city. Our institute is located in the former factory complex that used to house Osram, a German company famous for all kinds of light bulbs. Around the historic building, you will find a vibrant neighbourhood with numerous cafés and restaurants where you can eat good and cheap meals.
Language course/short course
- » Berlin in Winter: University Winter Course • Technical University of Applied Sciences Wildau • Wildau
- » Berlin Intensive: German for Technicians and Engineers • Technical University of Applied Sciences Wildau • Wildau
- » Business German Course in Berlin • Technical University of Applied Sciences Wildau • Wildau