Production Technology Meets Industry 4.0 Summer School Production Technology Meets Industry 4.0 Summer School
RWTH Aachen University • Aachen
- Course location
- Teaching language
- Language level of course
- English: B2
- August 2021 (Registration deadline of course provider: May 01, 2021)
- Target group
✓ BSc/BE students enrolled at a renowned university
✓ Studying mechanical engineering or a related field
✓ Minimum age to participate is 18
✓ Minimum English language proficiency
For further information about this programme, click here.
This summer school programme provides students with an overview of RWTH Aachen’s research concerning Industry 4.0. Headed by the Cluster of Excellence “Internet of Production” of RWTH, current research topics ranging from automation to information technology, materials science, production technology, smart decision support and smart factory are explored, enabling students to acquire a better understanding of the potentials and risks of Industry 4.0. Practical examples are presented in case studies and use cases from different fields of production technology.
- Average number of hours per week
- Average number of participants per group/course
- Dates and costs
- August 2021 (Registration deadline of course provider: May 01, 2021), costs: EUR 2,990
- This price includes
- Course fees
- Accompanying programme
- Further information on dates and prices
The programme fees amount to 2,990 EUR for the three-week summer school programme.
The programme fees contain an "all-inclusive" package:
✓ Course materials
✓ Excursions and social events
✓ Accommodation (usually three- or four-bed rooms)
✓ Breakfast and lunch on weekdays
✓ Snacks or meals during selected social events
✓ A local public transportation ticket for the respective time in Aachen
✓ Our RWTH International Academy App
- Teaching language
- Language level of course
- English: B2
- Language requirements
We don’t require an English language proficiency test. However, we recommend a self-evaluation of your English language level according to one of the following scores to make sure that you are able to follow the lessons:
- TOEFL ibt : 72 points
- IELTS: 5.5 band score
- TOEIC: 785 points
- Cambridge: FCE, Grade C
- CEFR = B2
- Submit application to
EARLY BIRD DEADLINE: 1 MARCH 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 1 MAY 2021
Your short-term programme team wishes you good luck!
- Is accommodation organised?
- Accommodation is arranged by the organiser.
- Type of accommodation
All boarding houses and student accommodations are located close to the city centre and allow for easy and convenient transportation within Aachen as well as to neighbouring cities. The following information relates to the size and furnishing of standard rooms, but please note that rooms might differ from these standards. Unfortunately, a choice of rooms is not possible.
Since all participants of each individual programme will be staying in the same accommodation, you will get to know your classmates better by living in an environment that is similar to the dorms offered by the university.
- Accommodation in three- or four-bed rooms
- Bathroom en-suite
- Internet access included (free Wi-Fi, quality might vary)
- Kitchen (might vary)
- Tap water is drinkable
- Linen included
- One towel will be provided (please bring more if required)
- Laundry service nearby
Breakfast and lunch as well as snacks during selected events are included in the programme fees. For more details, please read the information below.
From Monday to Friday, breakfast is included in the programme fees.
We will provide lunch from Monday to Friday at the RWTH student restaurant. A student restaurant card will be provided on your first day.
Dinner and meals at weekends
Participants have to provide their own meals at weekends and in the evening on weekdays. A personal budget for individual needs is advised.
- Is a social and leisure programme offered?
- Description of social and leisure programme
SOCIAL EVENTS – Have Fun While Studying!
We offer you a wide range of social activities to experience German culture and student life at RWTH Aachen University (subject to availability depending on the programme).
- On-site company visits of RWTH’s industrial partners
- Guided tours of RWTH institutes and renowned research centres
- Intercultural training
- City excursions: Maastricht (NL), Cologne, Bonn
- Hiking tour to the border triangle
- City rally
- Sports day
- Dinner night
- Karaoke night
- Get-togethers with your summer mentors
All summer school programmes will have their own summer mentors, who will help you to get to know Aachen from a true student’s perspective. With the support of the mentors, who are typically students enrolled at RWTH Aachen University, you will learn more about academic and cultural practices in Germany.
- Free internet access
- Support in visa matters
- Pick-up service from train station/airport
RWTH Aachen University
With 260 institutes, nine faculties and three Clusters of Excellence, RWTH Aachen University is one of Europe's leading institutions for science and research. Currently, more than 45,600 students are enrolled in 162 courses of study. Of these students, 11,280 are international students. RWTH Aachen is well-known for its state-of-the-art education that tackles some of the world’s most pressing global challenges. Our graduates are highly sought after by businesses and industry as trainees and for executive positions.
As the official academy for education of RWTH Aachen University, RWTH International Academy is tasked with promoting and developing the integration of professional and academic education. Our goal is to make knowledge accessible to international participants through application-oriented educational formats and programmes, thus making a lasting contribution to lifelong learning.
The student city of Aachen is a vibrant and historic place located at the border triangle of Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands. Aachen was a favoured residence of Charlemagne. After the departure of the Romans from this region, Charlemagne finally managed to forge the lion’s share of Europe into something that resembled an administrative unity, with Aachen as the beating heart of the empire. The “Rathaus” (city hall) and “Dom” (cathedral) bear witness to this earliest Carolingian building history. During your time in Aachen, you have the opportunity to discover the city, its history and its most important sights. Moreover, you will experience student life at one of Europe’s leading technical universities and become part of the international student community. There is no better place to encounter European culture while challenging yourself in our programmes.
Language course/short course
- » Automation and Simulation Summer School • RWTH Aachen University • Aachen
- » Automotive and Mobility Studies Summer School • RWTH Aachen University • Aachen
- » Robotics for Future Industrial Applications Summer School • RWTH Aachen University • Aachen
- » Robotics, Communication Networks and Innovation Summer School • RWTH Aachen University • Aachen
- » Smart Electrical Power Systems Summer School • RWTH Aachen University • Aachen
- » Supply Chain Management & Logistics Summer School • RWTH Aachen University • Aachen
- » Sustainable Energy Technology Summer School • RWTH Aachen University • Aachen